PDA

View Full Version : can I run corel 5 or 6 from windows 8.1

Bruce Larson
11-27-2014, 9:40 PM
Can I run Corel draw 5 or 6 from windows 8.2 64 bit or do I need to install windows 7 on a new computer?
Thanks.

Mike Lassiter
11-27-2014, 9:49 PM
I have X6 on 8.1 as secondary computer and so far no problems when I use it.

Brent Franker
11-28-2014, 5:46 AM
I run Corel 10, X3, and X6 on a 64bit Win 8.1 machine.

Kev Williams
11-28-2014, 6:55 PM
Had no problem running Corel anything on win8.1.
However, running an LPT/Serial cabled engraving machine, running Quickbooks 2005, or running my HP laser printer or any of its software, nope. I still can't believe how useless 8.1 is. But Corel works fine...

Mitchell Tutty
12-01-2014, 5:05 PM
I'm running Corel x7 on a Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which is runnning windows 8.1

It's a great set up, works very well. It's a reasonably high powered device with a good processor however.
I have my print driver set up remotely, so I can send a job to the laser when I'm on site somewhere, with a client or something, and get the boys back at the shed to press go.
Works a treat, soon I'll be able to go on holiday all year round and run my business from a beach somewhere with no annoying clients.

Well, it's nice to dream isn't it.

Kev Williams
12-01-2014, 6:03 PM
I have several older machines connected to one old XP computer I have stuffed with serial & LPT ports that does nothing but act as a 'print server'. Most of the machines just use generic text drivers to output simple data thru the LPT and serial ports to NH EP modules. I can, and have, these machine drivers loaded onto several WinXP computers around the place, and I can run any machine from any of them thru the network.

But while Win8 goes thru the motions like it's loading the drivers, it refuses to "print" anything thru the network. Not with the generic-text drivers, my ULS laser driver, nor my LS-900 laser driver.

Mike Null
12-02-2014, 8:21 AM
I have X5 on my upgraded 8.1 laptop. So far no problems with Corel but I don't use it for work.