PDA

View Full Version : Repairing a broken truck rear sliding window - Help????

Dennis Peacock
11-27-2014, 10:37 AM
I recently bought a 1989 Ford F150 truck to pull my trailer with and to more easily haul firewood. The truck is a great truck and just needs some TLC. I got it for $800 and it's totally mechanically sound.
What I need to know is can I replace a single broken rear sliding window in the truck? One slider is fine and the other one is broken out of the window.

I already know that the commercial "pre-canned" answer is.....you have to replace the entire window......but I can't believe that a single slider can't be replaced. Please advise.

Chris Padilla
11-27-2014, 10:52 AM
You hafta replace the eeentire winder, Dennis. :D :D :D

Jamie Buxton
11-27-2014, 11:14 AM
A sheet of acrylic plastic and some duct tape will keep the wind and rain out of the truck, and cost a lot less than a whole new window. Sure, it doesn't open and close. And sure, it will want renewing in a couple of years. But for an $850 truck, it'll do.

Gordon Harner
11-27-2014, 11:32 AM
I suggest that you check out ford truck forums. I am a member of one of the ford ranger forums. At least on the rangers, there is a way to change out broken window sections without replacing the entire unit. Good luck you can do it.