PDA

View Full Version : Removing threads

Moses Yoder
11-27-2014, 4:48 AM
I am not sure why my threads keep getting removed. I guess I will have to keep it totally mainstream with nothing controversial. You would think that we could talk about things as adults instead of just shoving them under the carpet. Okay, I think I know why the thread was removed, but an explanation would have been nice. Here is one last try. If this thread is removed without explanation, it will be my last post on Sawmill Creek. Either that or I will go back to my early days and ask what table saw to buy. Would be kind of pointless since I have a vintage PM 66 with 50" Biesemeyer, one of the best saws on the market.

Rick Potter
11-27-2014, 9:12 AM
Hi Moses,

I remember some of your posts on finding special 'memory' or other antique tools, and found them interesting. I don't remember you posting about what type stuff you like to build.

Do you build items to sell, for family use, or just for the pleasure of building? Are you a furniture builder, or perhaps a general DIY guy like me, building what is needed?

Got pics?

Rick Potter

Jay Jolliffe
11-27-2014, 9:45 AM
Some of my posts have disappeared in the past also with no explanation...And a few disappeared with an explanation....If politics are a no no so should be religion.

Perry Holbrook
11-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Moses, I read the post you are referring to, I would just suggest you may want to think thru a little more before posting about personal matters concerning you and your wife.

Harold Burrell
11-27-2014, 10:06 AM
Some of my posts have disappeared in the past also with no explanation...And a few disappeared with an explanation....If politics are a no no so should be religion.

So...you know what thread he is referring to...or is this just supposition on your part???

Jay Jolliffe
11-27-2014, 10:13 AM
Don't know what he's referring to. Like I said I've had some disappear also...& what I said about politics & religion are also my thoughts. I notice any thread that it about politics gets shut down right away but some about religion seem to hang around .

Dennis Peacock
11-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Moses,
You may want to check your Private Messages here on SMC. I remember reading where a moderator stated that they were sending you a PM. If you have questions, please ask any moderator instead of asking the general membership.

Chris Padilla
11-27-2014, 10:50 AM
In the lower right corner of every 'page' on SawMill Creek you'll find a few clickable links. Click on the "Terms Of Service" (often referred to as the TOS) and read it. Hopefully that helps clear up any ambiguities one might find in our moderation of SawMill Creek.

Feel free to directly contact any moderator if you have questions or concerns.

Generally speaking, we try to keep the Creek as a friendly, family-oriented place where any one of any age could be reading and posting. Religion and politics are not to be discussed here. Of course, there are grey, blurry lines existing everywhere but we do our best to keep things as free and open as possible but with limits. Moderators are human, too, which is why there are several of us and we often discuss things to arrive at the decisions we do.

Bruce Page
11-27-2014, 1:48 PM
Moses, check your PM box.