PDA

View Full Version : PM 1150 Drill Press decals

Mike Rother
11-26-2014, 9:07 PM
Hi all
Looking for any info on new decals for a pea green PM 1150. Not the variable speed model. Specifically the step pulley RPM decal in the front.
I'd also love a high res image if anyone has one. I could use it as reference to generate a copy. My day job is as a designer so I'm confident I can knock out a good facsimile. I'll post it when I'm done...

thx

Kent A Bathurst
11-26-2014, 10:25 PM
You want to go to owwm.com. This type of thing is right in their wheelhouse - that's what they do: restore and operate old american-made woodworking machines.

Tom M King
11-26-2014, 10:42 PM
Mine might have that decal on the front if you need a picture of it.

Mike Rother
11-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Mine might have that decal on the front if you need a picture of it.

That would be great. Thanks.
I did try OWWM. No luck.

Thnx again

Tom M King
11-27-2014, 9:25 AM
I will probably go to where the drill press is tomorrow. I'm not sure if it still has that decal or not, but I'll get a close-up pic if it does, or let you know otherwise. If I do get the picture, you will probably want the largest size that will be too large to post here, but we can work that out.

Mike Rother
11-27-2014, 12:21 PM
perfect. As far as resolution, the most important part of the decal is the grid of RPM numbers on the bottom. They're illegible on all of the images I've found so far. Thanks again for the effort.

Tom M King
11-29-2014, 6:40 PM
I haven't forgotten about it. Just got sidetracked with visitors over the holiday weekend, and giving tours of old houses. I think I'll get over where that drill press is tomorrow. I have the camera in the truck for it.

Tom M King
11-30-2014, 4:05 PM
Here you go. It's not a decal, but a stamped aluminum plate, 2-1/2"x5" held on with four screws. If you need the full sized picture, I have this one and several more, including closeups of various parts of the plate.

Mike Rother
11-30-2014, 8:51 PM
Here you go. It's not a decal, but a stamped aluminum plate, 2-1/2"x5" held on with four screws. If you need the full sized picture, I have this one and several more, including closeups of various parts of the plate.

fantastic!
thanks a million.

also looking for this as well:
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2NVgxNjAw/z/Jd8AAOSwfcVT~0qS/$_57.JPG

its an image on EBAY. I can almost make out all the info in the chart at the bottom…

thanks again

Tom M King
11-30-2014, 9:16 PM
I can read everything on that plate. It tells you what speeds to use for what drill size, in what type of metal. Can you read the types of metal? Hard Steel, Mild Steel, Cast Iron, Brass, Aluminum

That one is a lot newer than mine. I bought mine at a school auction in 1975. It has absolutely the best, and easiest to use depth stop, that I have ever used. It's easy to set, and does not move, even on jobs that require several hundred holes. I also bought a Delta 8" jointer at that same sale. I'm still using both of them.