PDA

View Full Version : Any one from the San Antonio area?

DOUG ANGEL
11-26-2014, 1:38 PM
Any one from the San Antonio area?http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon6.png

Larry Edgerton
11-26-2014, 7:47 PM
I used to live in Kerrville. There was a fellow in Comfort, may still be there, name of Wayne Michaels that forgot more about woodwork than I will ever know. Comfort is not a big town, shouldn't be hard to find him. Great old gentleman.

I have another buddy in Spring Branch, Corky Bell, if you are into making cars go really fast.:)

Larry

DOUG ANGEL
11-26-2014, 11:08 PM
I used to live in Kerrville. There was a fellow in Comfort, may still be there, name of Wayne Michaels that forgot more about woodwork than I will ever know. Comfort is not a big town, shouldn't be hard to find him. Great old gentleman.

I have another buddy in Spring Branch, Corky Bell, if you are into making cars go really fast.:)

Larry

Love sports cars, currently have a 2008 Saturn Sky Redline, 2L Turbocharged, great car in the twisties, 0 to 60, yeah well like I said great in the twisties.

Larry Edgerton
11-27-2014, 5:18 AM
The roads in that area were made for sport cars and bikes. I had a Porsche 914-6 and a couple of roadrace bikes with lights when I was down there. Time off I was running the river roads......

Google Bell Engineering, and swing by his Corkys shop. He specializes in Miatas but builds turbo systems for most everything. He may be able to help you out with that 0-60 thing.:) I left a Miata there too long and it had an intercooled 1.2liter twin screw supercharger on it when I picked it up. Now that was a riot.

If you swing by there tell Corky I said hello.

DOUG ANGEL
11-27-2014, 9:41 PM
The roads in that area were made for sport cars and bikes. I had a Porsche 914-6 and a couple of roadrace bikes with lights when I was down there. Time off I was running the river roads......

Google Bell Engineering, and swing by his Corkys shop. He specializes in Miatas but builds turbo systems for most everything. He may be able to help you out with that 0-60 thing.:) I left a Miata there too long and it had an intercooled 1.2liter twin screw supercharger on it when I picked it up. Now that was a riot.

If you swing by there tell Corky I said hello.

I had a 914 4 cyl when I lived in Hampton Va. Nice handling if you could keep it running. One day the clutch next day battery dies due to grounded out wiring, next day clutch cable. Had to sell it in self defense, however when it was running......BIG SMILES. Wife hates Miatas, ( long story involving a new but FILTHY Miata and an incompetent salesman).