PDA

View Full Version : Minor annoyance

Wayne Johnson
05-28-2003, 4:35 PM
Why does this site have a minimum 4 letter length of word requirement to search? I've found it to be a pain more than a few times now. For example, when I search for "route mdf", this site tells me I can't do it because of the "mdf", but that IS what I want to search for. Anyone?

Wayne Johnson

John Schreiber
05-28-2003, 5:16 PM
I'm sorry, I thought you were calling my name.

My dad used to call me "Minor Annoyance." Affectionately of course.

John Miliunas
05-28-2003, 8:46 PM
Wayne, the bad news is, I couldn't find any threads on routing mdf. The good news is, you can "force" a search on "mdf" by adding an asterisk (*) to your 3-letter inquiry. Hope this is of some help....:cool: Oh, and according to my mother, I was a Major annoyance! :D

Kevin Gerstenecker
05-28-2003, 8:53 PM
John, if you were a "Major Annoyance" as your Mother claimed, and you annoyed everyone equally, without preference to anyone in particular, would that make you a Major General Annoyance? I just couldn't resist that one! :D

Ok........................back to the workshop............;)

Aaron Koehl
05-28-2003, 9:53 PM
For performance reasons, the designers of this
software chose a 4 letter minimum.

Indeed, if looking for MDF, simply do a search for
<B>MDF*</B>.

_Aaron_

John Miliunas
05-28-2003, 9:55 PM
Good grief! Thousands of comedians out of work and here's Kevin trying to break into the business! Yeah, you *better* get back to the shop!:D Not me...Gruelling day at the factory today, and more of the same tomorrow. Need my beauty rest, dontchya' know!:D (And, when I say "need", I really DO mean NEED!) :D :cool: