PDA

View Full Version : HELP I need a Christmas miricale! Beam not firing

Gabe Gat
11-25-2014, 1:10 PM
Hi everyone, I have a ULS-PS50

All the the sudden my beam as stopped firing. I ran a job all was well, next job it ran the file (went through the motions of the engraving and cutting but the beam didn't fire) the lights are all indicating the the laser is good and firing, the BEAM light is on when it should be, the water cooler is on and running the interlocks are in place. I'm at a loss i don't know what's up. I turned the machine on and off a number of times trying jobs in-between, at one point I got a since circle to run and cut no problem. turned the machine off to go back inside to grab a coffee, went back out and back to the same issue. I've run tickles configs, removed the RAM and re-set just for good measure.

Any ideas?

Dave Gates
11-25-2014, 1:53 PM
Try unplugging and plugging back in the cables from the laser. Sometimes that works for me. A few months ago our laser would not fire and resetting the computer and unplugging cables did not work. On the machine(VLS 4.6), there is a 9v battery on the back of the machine that died. Replacing that fixed the problem.

Bob A Miller
11-26-2014, 10:42 AM
Gabe. I would second the unplugging as a quick step. Had issues on one of mine ...same sort of problems.

Bob

Martin Boekers
11-26-2014, 1:45 PM
Can you manually fire the laser?

Gabe Gat
11-26-2014, 2:22 PM
No running TEST doesn't Fire anything.

Bill George
11-26-2014, 3:52 PM
If you had the connection diagram to the power supply for the tube it would be nice to be able to see IF it had input voltage and a "ON" signal or voltage. Have you done a good visual inspection of the machine wiring and checked for loose or burnt off wires? Its real easy to say yes to that question, but a lot of electrical problems can be solved by those simple checks, and don't forget the circuit breaker or fuses inside the machine.