PDA

View Full Version : Flowers for my wife or an impact driver for me?

Rich Engelhardt
11-25-2014, 8:29 AM
My wife retires tomorrow after 28 years of working for the county board of DD.
It came out of the blue a couple/three months ago. The county is offering two years of added service to anyone that wants to take an early retirement.
That will give her a full 30 years and the bottom line is, she'll make almost exactly what she takes home now.

Anyhow I sort of need an impact driver & what with all the Black Friday specials and all, I was wondering.......

LOL!
Not to worry - I know what's good for me. I'll be getting her a nice flower arrangement delivered to her at work tomorrow. :D

Mike Wilkins
11-25-2014, 8:34 AM
Smart man. You have been married long enough to understand these things.

George Bokros
11-25-2014, 8:54 AM
Yes smart man. Glad to hear she is taking advantage of that retire early offer. Sounds like you are both winners.

Bill George
11-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Yes smart man. Glad to hear she is taking advantage of that retire early offer. Sounds like you are both winners.
Its all in the Gift wrapping and won't she be surprised when she sees the Impact Wrench!

John Coloccia
11-25-2014, 11:29 AM
That impact driver will come in handy building the new dog house you'll be living in :)

Brian Deakin
11-25-2014, 12:05 PM
Flowers should only be used a the prelude to your invitaion to a romatic meal

All husbands Know or need to learn fast there is a huge difference between what we enjoy and what is important

My father's advice on life to me shortly before his death was

(Said inhis Blackcountry accent )

"All you have to do is look after her and look after them kids "

and I thought life was complicated

regards

Brian

DOUG ANGEL
11-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Flowers and maybe a box of chocolate!

ray hampton
11-25-2014, 2:07 PM
buy her a new car

Rich Engelhardt
11-25-2014, 4:00 PM
buy her a new carLOL!
I actually did that two weeks ago! :D

For real! Her car was getting close to being out of warranty, needing brakes and tires and other "50 thousand mile stuff", so I told her to go out and buy a new 2015 model year car to start out her retirement.

One nice thing about working for the county is that you can accumulate sick time and cash it in when you retire.
Her unused sick time puts a real dent in what we owe after the trade in is taken out.

Don Morris
11-25-2014, 6:25 PM
There's a question? In my house I know which side my bread is buttered. Once you understand that, you'll be OK.

ray hampton
11-25-2014, 7:23 PM
LOL!
I actually did that two weeks ago! :D

For real! Her car was getting close to being out of warranty, needing brakes and tires and other "50 thousand mile stuff", so I told her to go out and buy a new 2015 model year car to start out her retirement.

One nice thing about working for the county is that you can accumulate sick time and cash it in when you retire.
Her unused sick time puts a real dent in what we owe after the trade in is taken out.

do not ask me how that I knew this but I did think that a new car was bought

Joe Mioux
11-25-2014, 9:13 PM
flowers.... and make it something special.... i.e deliver them personally. One of the benefits of a flower deliver person is to get and see the expressions on the recipients face. Enjoy the moment with her and then take her out to lunch.

ftr: I am a fourth generation florist.

Jim Matthews
11-25-2014, 9:22 PM
You're about to get real busy, if she sees you puttering...

Sell your ladder, fast.

Alan Bienlein
11-26-2014, 9:05 PM
If I ever bought my wife flowers instead of a tool I would be shot on sight. She would rather have a new tool any day of the week.

Malcolm Schweizer
11-27-2014, 3:42 AM
Just a thought- you could get her a bouquet of impact drivers and kinda kill two birds with one stone.

Dave Sheldrake
11-27-2014, 7:13 AM
From somebody that bought a lawnmower for the wife for our wedding anniversary trust me...go with the flowers!

DOUG ANGEL
11-27-2014, 9:51 PM
Mr. Morris, I really appreciate your bottom quote " Real American Heros don't wear Capes, they wear Dogtags." As a 20 year veteran of the USAF, I was privileged to know many heroes from the Army, Marines, Navy and Coast guard. Thanks for your quote sir.

DOUG ANGEL
11-27-2014, 10:09 PM
If I ever bought my wife flowers instead of a tool I would be shot on sight. She would rather have a new tool any day of the week.

When I was about 20, I bought my Mom ( I was single at the time) a vacuum cleaner for her birthday. She was not pleased, lesson learned. The LOML would definitely prefer flowers to a fancy tool, so I toe the line.