PDA

View Full Version : need help

Craig Matheny
11-24-2014, 3:11 PM
I am on the road and the laptop I bought to work on does not have Corel's engraving fonts mainly the eng_helvine_norm I found the ones here (www.sawmillcreek.org/psfonts.zip (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/psfonts.zip) ) However I can not load them win 7 premium. Can someone upload the file being it is a free Corel file I would assume that there would be no legal issue being we almost all use Corel.

I am in a bind so any help would be great.

Thanks

Mike Null
11-24-2014, 3:50 PM
Craig

I can't open it with Win 7 Pro either.

David Somers
11-24-2014, 3:57 PM
Craig,

This is what I see in that zip? the first screen snapshot is the main zip file. the second is the contents of the PFM folder within the zip. Do you know which of these you need?

300818 300817

Dave Sheldrake
11-24-2014, 4:37 PM
won't open in 7 premium or pro here either

David Somers
11-24-2014, 4:46 PM
Hmmm. Dave and mike...you are saying you can't open the zip in Win 7, various versions?

Or you are having trouble with the Postscript fonts included in the zip, and the installation files that are also included in the zip?

Dave

Joseph Szegda
11-24-2014, 7:18 PM
Get a COPY OF WINRAR that will unzip it in win7
joe

Dave Sheldrake
11-24-2014, 8:39 PM
I can unzip it, windows reports it's not a valid font file

Mike Null
11-25-2014, 8:58 AM
Mine does the same.

Bert Kemp
11-25-2014, 9:27 AM
I don't even see that font in my corel fonts.
Maybe someone that has it can make a cdr file of what he needs and send that to him. I dunno just a thought

Martin Boekers
11-25-2014, 11:59 AM
Just a crazy thought... can you download Inkscape and see if works in there? Or maybe a free trial of Illustrator?

David Somers
11-25-2014, 12:52 PM
Craig,

Apologies, I did not have a chance to actually try installing those files last night, though as you saw, i was able to get into them and see they were Post script fonts and their install files. As soon as I can during the day I will try installing them and see what happens. it will be a while. though. Way busy right now.

Dave

Ronald Erickson
11-25-2014, 1:09 PM
I had no issues installing the fonts on my Windows 7 Ultimate machine. Here is the process I followed:

1. Unzip file
2. Navigate to PFM folder (The fonts are installed from the PFM, not the PFB)
3. Right click on the font to install and choose "Install".

The three I installed looked fine in CorelDraw X6.

Kev Williams
11-25-2014, 5:15 PM
I just loaded them into Win7 Enterprise, and Win 8.1 --

They were already loaded in WinXP. What I did was opened the fonts folder, grouped the "eng" fonts, hit "copy" (from the 'edit' tab), pasted them into a common folder on my network...

On the other computers, I opened the common folder, then listed the fonts by type, since as Ronald noted you load the PFM files, not the PFB files. Listing by type, I grouped all the PFM fonts, hit "copy". I opened the fonts folder, put the mouse arrow between font folders, then hit "paste"...They installed just fine--

Craig Matheny
11-26-2014, 10:43 AM
Hey everyone thank you I was not able to get online yesurday much but I was able to load them via copy and past method some of you talked about. Again Thank you.