PDA

View Full Version : Old website: What happend to th Oak Factory woodworking forum

Clarence Martin
11-23-2014, 10:57 AM
There used to be a woodworking website called "The oak factory" What happened to that forum ?

Bruce Page
11-23-2014, 2:30 PM
It shut down several years ago (2006?). The owner, Kip passed away and his wife took over as ADMIN. I think she got tired of running it and just pulled the plug.

Bert Kemp
11-23-2014, 11:02 PM
Man I hope that never happens here. Hope Keith made arrangements to keep this place up and running if something should ever happen. God forbid.

Michael Dedon
11-24-2014, 10:03 PM
Some of them migrated but as usual populations change due to age, interests, etc. C.John and Dalton were a couple that moved over. John has left almost everything now and Dalton passed a few years ago. I was a member at the Oak back in the day and can introduce you at the the WoodWorks if you like. It's invitation only now due to spammers.

Ed Cafarella
06-09-2017, 10:39 AM
Just stumbled upon this. The REAL reason The Oak closed down was that Kip's sister took over and the board went from being a forum about woodworking to a political melee. People would post their comments and if Kip's sister didn't agree with it, politically, it was taken down and she berated you. It became so hostile and awful that virtually everyone left and it eventually shut down. This was right after the 2000 election.