PDA

View Full Version : Blum Drawer Slides – a bit sloppy….

Justin Jump
11-18-2014, 6:43 AM
Blum Drawer Slides – a bit sloppy….

Have any of you seen something like this? They are 563H’s….

Attached are the pictures of the bathroom vanity I made for my kids bathroom. It’s a small bathroom, so I kept it at 48” and they each get a side.

Anyways, my issue has to deal with the bottom right drawer, and the bottom right slide itself. It is very sloppy, so much so that if I use a paint stick as a spacer, it seems to level it up. Now I could move the slide itself up and level out the drawer, but the slide itself would still be sloppy.

I did use the Blum template to drill the hole in the back of the drawer, and I used a “B” drill bit, which is 0.238”, the 6mm called out by Blum is 0.236”, so I don’t think the 0.002” difference is causing the slop that I am seeing.

I purchased these exact ones off of Amazon, could I possibly have received some “knock off’s”?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IYZ5ZIK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bill Orbine
11-18-2014, 7:57 AM
I've never had a problem with the Blum product. More likely to be a problem on your end and I'd focus on the drawer if I were you. I wonder how the drawer front is attached to the drawer itself and whether the drawer box has no "twist". Lay it on a flat surface and check. You also should pop the slides out and look at 'em on the drawer while in open view so you can eyeball the problem. Even swapping slides for a "known good" pair to rule out the Blum as the source of problem.

George Bokros
11-18-2014, 8:06 AM
I agree with Bill, either swap the slides from another drawer to that drawer to try that drawer in another position with another pair of slides to see if it is the slides or drawer.

Steve Baumgartner
11-18-2014, 8:52 AM
I assume you understand and have tweaked the adjusters in the slides? I've used a lot of Blums and never seen a misalignment that couldn't be adjusted out using them except when the cabinet or drawer was built significantly out of square.

Justin Jump
11-18-2014, 9:15 AM
Checked the boxes, they are pretty flat. I had to keep them basic (no dovetails, for now!!) because the regular plywood I chose does not cut dovetails very well.

However, even if they were, it doesn't account for the slop, or maybe a better word, there is a fair amount of "play".

I will swap out and see if that helps, or try to get a video......

Jerry Miner
11-19-2014, 2:02 AM
I use these slides a lot. They work great for me.

Are you sure you're locked into the clips snugly?

Have you tweaked the front adjusters as Steve asked above?

If the slides alone are not in plane (as it looks in your pic)--- are they installed out-of parallel?

Jay Jolliffe
11-19-2014, 5:44 AM
http://cabinetreecollection.com/store/catalog/catalogs/Blum/Blum_TANDEM_plus_BLUMOTION_563H_Installation_Instr uctions.pdf