PDA

View Full Version : Should I Purchase???

Joe romano
11-17-2014, 1:08 PM
I have a Delta Midi Lathe
Im interested in purchasing a Bowlsaver by Woodcut
Price is a little steep
Opinions please!!
joe

Reed Gray
11-17-2014, 1:39 PM
The Woodcut Bowl saver is a nice little set up, and cheaper than the Oneway bowl coring system. The big blade is a 5 inch radius, and the small one is a 4 inch radius I think. It should be fine for your lathe. As to it being worth it, that depends on how many bowls you turn. If you sell, you will pay for the system in about 5 or so corings.

robo hippy

Roger Chandler
11-17-2014, 2:46 PM
I have the Delta Midi lathe..........I would think that it is way underpowered for a coring rig!!! Just my 2 cents. I do not own a coring rig yet, but have larger lathe with 2 hp motor as well...........not sure I would want to try to core with the 1 hp motor of the Delta midi lathe..........perhaps others may have some real life experience with this proposed setup..........to my recall, I don't remember anyone saying that they core with a Delta midi, but I could be wrong! :confused:

Reed Gray
11-17-2014, 3:04 PM
A 1 hp motor should handle the Woodcut bowl saver fairly easily. If you were to try the McNaughton standard set of coring blades it would be more difficult. Speed up to 600 plus, and an easy feed rate. It is a simple system to operate. I have a Oneway bowl saver for a 12 inch lathe and do not consider that to be good for a 1 hp motor. It does not cut as easily as the Woodcut.

robo hippy

Shawn Pachlhofer
11-17-2014, 4:20 PM
I have a Woodcut that I may be listing for sale soon - if you're interested, shoot me a PM.

Larry Matchett
11-17-2014, 8:05 PM
The McNaughton mini or midi set should work for you. Fun to make nested sets. They are very popular as well.