PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Justin Pfenning
11-17-2014, 10:04 AM
Hello everyone. I've been a lurker off and on, and decided to join. This seems like a great forum, and came highly recommended from some of the other forums I participate on. I'm pretty new to wood working. I built a couple Telecasters last year with hand tools, and decided I wanted to step into the realm of power tools. I picked up a Powermatic Model 66 used locally, and I'm working on getting it cleaned up and dialed in. It's a 1974 model, but seems to be a solid machine. I'm on the hunt for a nice band saw, an 8" joiner, a planer, and a dust collector. I'm hoping to grab a few of these items on a black Friday sale at Grizzly. or some of the major online retailers. We'll see how that goes. I plan to build a couple more guitars, I have a couple ideas for a heavy table with wheels, and some shop storage cabinets. I look forward to gaining knowledge through the years of experience on this forum.

Justin

Dennis Peacock
11-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the Creek Justin.....Lots of good folks here that are willing to help in most any situation.

Welcome aboard sir..... :)

Ken Fitzgerald
11-17-2014, 12:18 PM
Welcome to the Creek Justin! From beginners to pros, you will find they are a friendly generous bunch here.

Jim Koepke
11-17-2014, 12:50 PM
Justin,

Welcome to the Creek.

There are a some forums, like Deals & Discounts and SMC Classifieds, open only to contributors. Currently that is $6 a year and well worth it.

Of course power tools are a bit harder to wrap and put in the mailbox.

Being a contributor also lets you turn off the advertisements.

jtk

Michael Weber
11-17-2014, 1:08 PM
Welcome to SMC Justin. Nice and helpful group of people here.