PDA

View Full Version : Clearout Sale of Festool Circular Saws

Frank Pellow
07-15-2005, 7:45 PM
Festool has just put their ATF 55 and ATf 65 circular saws on sale. See: http://www.festoolusa.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=561086&id=3

This is because they are clearing stock to make way for their new improved circular saws -the TS 55 and Ts 75. See: http://f3.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AE7YQqqRGcPzMKZ0zzZQOSaOCz5IuNOzeWfNhKOHwvDW26FjxO 0lDHs_UbDcvwl86idMfyiGMHASr9CCOszqFCCZC6y36nHndq0A/Brochures/BROCHURE_TS-55.pdf

I want the new TS 75 but my 2005 tool budget is shot. I hope to be able to fit it in 2006.

Kevin Murdock
07-15-2005, 9:23 PM
Frank,

Do you know if the new TS 55 MSRP will be the same price as the old ATF 55 MSRP?

Meaning if you wait for the TS55, will it cost more than the ATF 55 cost a month ago?

Thanks,
/Kevin

Frank Pellow
07-15-2005, 9:36 PM
Frank,

Do you know if the new TS 55 MSRP will be the same price as the old ATF 55 MSRP?

Meaning if you wait for the TS55, will it cost more than the ATF 55 cost a month ago?

Thanks,
/Kevin
I don't know but my guess is that the replacement saw will be more expensive. My guess is $495.

But, in the past when Festool has introduced a new tool to the USA, they have a special price for a couple of months. My guess at the introductory price is $425.

It will be interesting to look at my guesses when the new saw is introduced.

Bob Marino
07-15-2005, 9:36 PM
Kevin,

I don't know what the price will be on the TS saws, but usually Festool offers a new tool at an introductory price for the first couple of months before heading to list price. The list price may be higher, just don't know yet.

Bob

Rick Schubert
07-16-2005, 12:28 AM
I can't get the .pdf link to work. It comes up "Document Not Found". Anyone else having trouble?

Sounds like a good deal on the ATF 55.

Rick

Frank Pellow
07-16-2005, 3:41 AM
I can't get the .pdf link to work. It comes up "Document Not Found". Anyone else having trouble?
Rick
Sorry Rick, I am not sure why you are having a problem. I will see if I can find brchure elsewhere and post an additional link.

Ken Salisbury
07-16-2005, 5:10 AM
As luck would have it I purchased a 55 from Uncle Bob which I got last week. It is so new it is still in the box.. :( -- Lucky Me --- :mad:

John Lucas
07-16-2005, 7:26 AM
Ken,
Not bad luck. It is stilla great saw even if it will be replaced by a newer version. If you really want to change, Bob and Festool have a 30 day money back guarantee. I would keep it.

Jim Becker
07-16-2005, 10:18 AM
As luck would have it I purchased a 55 from Uncle Bob which I got last week. It is so new it is still in the box.. -- Lucky Me ---

Ken, opening the box will be very theraputic...new tools release endorphins into your blood stream, giving you an overall increase in happiness. Kinda like that thing we can't talk about here in the forums, but less messy, at least with Festool... ;)

Rudy Fuselier
07-16-2005, 11:00 AM

Sounds like a good deal on the ATF 55.

Rick

I am having the same problem as Rick. I cannot get the link to work either. I am thinking I will wait for the new version of the saw.

Jeff A. Smith
07-16-2005, 2:44 PM
This may be the new one that's coming out. What about it, Bob?

Jeff

http://tts01.my-tts.com/internet/mediandoweb/images/internet_zoom/zoom__hksp_ts55ebqfs_02_02.jpg

Bob Marino
07-16-2005, 3:01 PM
Jeff,

Yes.
Festool will be coming out with 2 new saws (new to the USA anyhow) - the TS 55 and TS 75. The TS 55 replaces the ATF 55 and the TS 75 replaces the ATF 65. There's info on the Festool Austrailian site about them.

Bob

Doug Jones
07-16-2005, 4:49 PM
I don't know but my guess is that the replacement saw will be more expensive. My guess is $495.

My guess at the introductory price is $425.

This is a circular saw your talking about????? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Frank Pellow
07-16-2005, 5:21 PM
This is a circular saw your talking about????? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Not just a circular saw, a FESTOOL CIRCULAR SAW! :D There is a world of difference. :)

Frank Pellow
07-17-2005, 7:41 AM
Sorry Rick, I am not sure why you are having a problem. I will see if I can find brchure elsewhere and post an additional link.
I can't find another spot which has a direct link to the to brochure. It is on the Festool Australian web site (http://www.festool.com.au/) and once you are there (1) select Products, (2) select Product News, (3) scroll down a long way until you find the TS 55 banner, (4) select the banner

Here is a summary of the improvements that I noted in the brochure:

Easier blade changes.

Detachable power cord

Adjustable vacuum connector which can be placed at any angle

Festool claims the saw is quieter (but I can't find details)

Detachable splinter guard so the both sides of cut are splinter free

Much improved gauge for cutting angle

Easier to read depth gauge

Base plate is lighter and stronger
I expect that I missed some.

Christian Aufreiter
07-17-2005, 8:24 AM
Here are the direct links to the brochures on the Festool Australia website:
Plunge saw Festool TS 55 (http://www.festool.com.au/images/Australia/Download/BROCHURE_TS-55.pdf)
Plunge saw Festool TS 75 (http://www.festool.com.au/images/Australia/Download/BROCHURE_TS-75.pdf)

Hope this helps,

Christian

Jeff A. Smith
07-17-2005, 9:51 AM
The new riving knife that retracts is a feature that is a definite plus. Thanks for posting that link!

Jeff Smith
Athens, AL

Frank Pellow
07-17-2005, 9:59 AM
The new riving knife that retracts is a feature that is a definite plus. Thanks for posting that link!

Jeff Smith
Athens, AL
The riving knife on my current Festool circular saw retracts, so I am not sure what might be new here. Is there something that I am missing?

Christian Aufreiter
07-17-2005, 10:14 AM
The riving knife on my current Festool circular saw retracts, so I am not sure what might be new here. Is there something that I am missing?

How does that work? Don't you have to unscrew the riving knife when making plunge cuts on the ATF?

Regards,

Christian

Frank Pellow
07-17-2005, 10:34 AM
How does that work? Don't you have to unscrew the riving knife when making plunge cuts on the ATF?

Regards,

Christian
I have made plunge cuts without unscrewing the knife. Granted, I do not often make plunge cuts, so maybe I have just been lucky.

John Lucas
07-17-2005, 11:24 AM
I have made plunge cuts without unscrewing the knife. Granted, I do not often make plunge cuts, so maybe I have just been lucky.

Lucky you have been Frank. I have been also. The trick, if you are going to plunge in the board and not from the edge, is to be moving slightly forward as you make the plunge. It doesnt take much forward progress. Just enough so that the riving knife can have a slot to go into. If because of this, the entry isnt all the way cut, a hand saw finishes it off with three strokes.

Frank Pellow
07-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Lucky you have been Frank. I have been also. The trick, if you are going to plunge in the board and not from the edge, is to be moving slightly forward as you make the plunge. It doesnt take much forward progress. Just enough so that the riving knife can have a slot to go into. If because of this, the entry isnt all the way cut, a hand saw finishes it off with three strokes.
Thinking more about it, that is whatI did.

Frank Pellow
07-19-2005, 6:47 PM
Brad Knabel just started a thread on the same subject. The link is: http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=22513