PDA

View Full Version : dw735 sprocket replacement

John Brocksieck
11-16-2014, 10:22 AM
My DW735 planer stopped feeding. I took the cover off and found the chain sprocket was in pieces. I ordered replacement sprockets from Dewalt and when trying to install the new sprocket discovered that I couldn't get the sprocket installed with the chain on or off. Do anyone have any suggestions on how to get this installed. MY planer s/n is 200352. Thanks. John Brocksieck

Bill Huber
11-16-2014, 11:54 AM
I really don't know but looking at the exploded view of the unit there are 2 rollers. It looks like one end has a screw and there is a snap ring on the other end. The other roller has a screw and the other end sets in a block of some type.

So if it is the end with the snap ring you should be able to use some snap ring pliers and remove the snap ring. The end with the screw you should be able to remove the screw.

Good luck, if you are still having a problem take a picture of it and let us see what the problem is.

Steve Baumgartner
11-16-2014, 1:15 PM
I believe you have to remove and install both sprockets at the same time, with the chain already looped around them.

Earl McLain
11-16-2014, 9:05 PM
Not really for sprocket replacement, but may be helpful. With the tensioner out of the way, seems like both sprockets would install with the chain.
www.byrdtool.com/files/Download/Dewalt735.pdf

Ken Fitzgerald
11-16-2014, 9:22 PM
Try loosening the two "pillow blocks/ mounting brackets for the rollers, then install the sprockets with the chain on.

Some chains have a removable link to allow them to be installed after the sprockets are installed.