PDA

View Full Version : Saw on the right

Pete Duffy
11-15-2014, 6:13 PM

I was too late to this estate sale, but I heard that the saw on the right was sold for 8-12 bucks. Most of the rest were there when I got there. I hope it found a good home. Don't know if it was authentic or not, but still a prize at that price.

Moses Yoder
11-15-2014, 6:46 PM
Those are the best kind for trimming trees. Plus, that one has the spot for the chimney when you paint a snowscape on it.

Mel Miller
11-15-2014, 7:10 PM
Moses missed the point entirely. That's a Woodrough & McParlin rare panther head saw that brings a lot of money for collectors. I would have been up early to be first in the door for that one.

Logan Wittmer
11-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Moses missed the point entirely. That's a Woodrough & McParlin rare panther head saw that brings a lot of money for collectors. I would have been up early to be first in the door for that one.

I think you missed the sarcasm.

Harold Burrell
11-16-2014, 7:37 AM
I think you missed the sarcasm.

Yeah...Moses has a pretty good eye for tools. :D

DOUG ANGEL
11-16-2014, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE=Moses Yoder;2334712]Those are the best kind for trimming trees. Plus, that one has the spot for the chimney when you paint a snowscape on it.[/QUOTE

Nice, I had to go back and look at the saw to see what you meant. On the second look, I thought "who would seriously think about using that saw for crappy "craft piece"....wait SARCASM!"

Pete Duffy
11-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah, had I seen it earlier, I would have been first at the door. But I didn't even see the listing until the 2nd day of the sale. And I didn't even notice this saw until I was going through the pictures the 2nd time. Then we RUSHED to the sale!

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it went to a good home, where someone knows its value. Otherwise, if they were going to paint the saws, they would have bought some of the others. This buyer was selective and knew what he was looking for.