PDA

View Full Version : Making displays for your products?

Kit Dumph
11-15-2014, 7:09 AM
I have a new product that I think would be outstanding if I were able to display it at shops. Does anyone here make their own? I'm thinking about acrylic type display and then finding a way to attach the item either by hanging, mounts or something else.

Size wise probably around 18" Long and 24 high, but could do much smaller.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Mike Null
11-15-2014, 8:00 AM
What is the shape and size of the product?

Kit Dumph
11-15-2014, 3:29 PM
product varies between about 4 and 12 inches long in a long round shape that is around .5-2" OD.... after typing that it sounds completely inappropriate, but those are the general dimensions and shape.

Mike Troncalli
11-15-2014, 5:15 PM
It really depends. Two of my top selling items are bottle stoppers and Pens. 75% of the time I just purchase off the shelf acrylic stands for my customers to use. However I have a few customers that due to counter space, and other requirements needs something different. If so I design a custom acrylic stand and cut it out, etc. etc.. Another consideration is cost VS time.. My laser is used strictly for business purposes and I usually don't have the time to make displays for each customer. I would much rather use my laser time to making product that sells.

But this is my situation and yours may be different.

Kit Dumph
11-15-2014, 5:46 PM
Mike do you have any photos of how you do this?

Mike Troncalli
11-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Kit,

I'm sorry but I can't seem to find any pictures. I know I took at least one. I will keep looking though and post if I find it. One if my custom stands was for bottle stoppers. I took a sheet of 9 X 14 acrylic and cut out 24 1" holes. After removing I took one end and clamped it between two 2" wide boards and used my heat gun to heat the acrylic so that it would bend at 90 degrees. I then moved to the other side and used 1" wide boards and did the same thing. I ended up with an angled display stand with 24 holes.

Another stand was made by cutting out a 2 X 16 piece with about 5 holes cut. I used the same method as described above to make a long narrow stand.

Kit Dumph
11-17-2014, 6:13 PM
Very cool, didn't even think about bending the acrylic this way. I was just going to do notches of some sort. Is it touchy stuff when heating in terms of how it looks afterwords, clouding, cracks or haze?

Mike Troncalli
11-18-2014, 9:27 AM
Not touchy at all. Just be consistent and patient. Slowly go back and forth with the heat gun to make sure the entire length of material is at an even temperature. Also I looked for the pictures and I must have deleted them.. Sorry...