PDA

View Full Version : A Different Idear

Jeremiah Jordan
07-15-2005, 5:20 PM
Different turners look at woods differently. For those pen turners out there they see a large block of wood, and at least I go , "Wow, look at all those penblanks".

I have some odds and ends penblanks and I was thinking about making my first bowl out of them, glueing them up of course. I am wondering if anyone else has tried this and if they have any advice on this area.

Thanks in adavnce.

Jeremiah

John Shuk
07-18-2005, 5:32 PM
I think you could make a nice segmented bowl from them. I don't have experience making them but you might check out the AAW (American Association of Woodturners) site and look for something on segmented turnings. By the way I just came home on Sunday from the Helderberg Escarpment at Thacher park. Nice country.

Jeremiah Jordan
07-18-2005, 7:17 PM
Yeah thanks i will have to check that out. Very nice country up here. Depending on which way you came, did you go past Heldeberg Bluestone and marble co.?

Thanks

Jeremiah

Don Baer
07-18-2005, 7:24 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/articles/4/

John Shuk
07-18-2005, 8:09 PM
Yeah thanks i will have to check that out. Very nice country up here. Depending on which way you came, did you go past Heldeberg Bluestone and marble co.?

Thanks

Jeremiah
No,
I went to Albany exit 24 then across 90 to 85 then onto 157. It was ok but we didn't have time for the scenic route with a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old.