PDA

View Full Version : McFeely's ???

CPeter James
11-14-2014, 7:51 PM
Back several months ago there was a long discussion about McFeely's and how the were having problems after the new buyer took over. I need to fill in my stock and have waited until now to see how things were going. They have had 6 or 8 months to get their act together. Have they gotten up to speed?

CPeter

Jim Becker
11-14-2014, 8:51 PM
I have ordered from them several times this year and had no problems whatsoever...as a matter of fact, I need to do a new order soon as I just ran out of a particular fastener I use for my tack trunk commissions.

Matt Day
11-15-2014, 12:21 AM
I just got one of those woodworkers marketing packs in the mail and on the back cover it says how great the redesigned website is. I hope it is and they are back like before!

Frederick Skelly
11-15-2014, 8:11 AM
I just got one of those woodworkers marketing packs in the mail and on the back cover it says how great the redesigned website is. I hope it is and they are back like before!

The website IS pretty nice went there last night after reading this thread.

Bill Huber
11-15-2014, 8:42 AM
I ordered some screws about a month ago and they came fast and were just like the last ones I had ordered.

Alan Schwabacher
11-15-2014, 10:45 AM
I hope they do well. Their website seems to have a fixable problem: the search function does not work. You can get around it by simply using google with site:mcfeelys.com, but I can't see a missing search function as helpful to sales.

Phil Barrett
11-15-2014, 11:01 AM
you sure it's not you? search on their site works fine for me.

glenn bradley
11-15-2014, 12:03 PM
If you are familiar with the old front end, the new version is quite poor. I had a conversation with them on this. They are aware of it due to many folks commenting. They brought back a nearly functional version of the 'select-a-screw' tool. The "need more sizes of this fastener" still wasn't present last time I ordered. The shift in focus and the lack of the $1 shipping offers do put a sour taste in long time customer's mouths but, the product quality does not seem to have suffered although I miss the larger variety that pertained to furniture making. I continue to use them and still praise their screws.