PDA

View Full Version : Harper Rose's Chair

lowell holmes
11-14-2014, 12:34 PM
We were talking about making chairs for family members to have in a Neanderthal forum.

This chair is one I made for my oldest grandson and his wife. They will be rocking my first Great Granddaughter in it.

Yes, I am bragging and I feel privileged to hold Harper Rose Holmes when she is one day old.

The chair is made of cherry.

Jim Rimmer
11-14-2014, 1:08 PM
That's got to be the greatest stealth gloat of all time. Congratualtions on the GGDaughter. Oh, nice chair, too.

Jim Koepke
11-14-2014, 1:31 PM
That is a very nice chair.

I am a touch fearful of making something with rockers. I am afraid of people going air borne.

jtk

glenn bradley
11-14-2014, 1:43 PM
Good looking chair Lowell and congrats on the GGD.

Malcolm Schweizer
11-14-2014, 2:30 PM
That looks spectacular. I would love to see more details of the back of the chair. Are those sawn curved? Hard to tell from this image.

lowell holmes
11-14-2014, 2:39 PM
Malcolm,
They were sawn to rough shape on a bandsaw and then they were worked with a spoke shave and card scrapers.

The chair is basically a Paul Sellers style, but the design is my original design. The seat is leather from Tandy. A local retired upholstery guy covered my seat blank with foam and my leather.
He made the piping.

Frederick Skelly
11-14-2014, 7:07 PM
Its not everyone who gets to hold their Great Grandchild, much less build their rocker. So I remembered your story and was recently was wondering how that chair came out. It looks great! Congratulations on your new GGD!
Fred

Sean Hughto
11-14-2014, 7:56 PM
Every woodworker's dream! Congrats! Great chair and great story!

Marty Gulseth
11-15-2014, 11:49 AM
Beyond beautiful work. Congrats and congrats!

regards, Marty