PDA

View Full Version : Help needed with my IE1200 laser - Error message about dll version

Philippe Lecomte
11-12-2014, 7:16 PM
Hi,

I had to change the computer monitoring my laser engraver (IE1200) and reinstall all the firmwares (downloaded on the manufacturer site).

I managed to connect directly to the laser engraver by USB and everything is working fine via LaserCut (I manage to control the laser head).

...but when i want to download a file to engrave into the machine, the laser bips and displays this error : "dll version does not match firmware version".

I tried to go with a file that used to work, on an USB key, directly on the laser mass storage input but the result is the same. When i press the "Start" button, the laser bips and displays this error : "dll version does not match firmware version".

I've no idea how to deal with this situation.

I've checked the file MPC05ver2,1 to check the dlls versions of Lasercut and the MPC6525. You'll find the results in the linked screenshot.

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=2&ik=50b589856f&view=fimg&th=14980a5ca9d4b260&attid=0.1&disp=emb&realattid=ii_14980a37c08c1f70&attbid=ANGjdJ_mLMs6Oqc4dJpifoD9XJCYf3Jm5KvUvlc-ABR9fKlnm7J-DN63YW3WFODhrlKROnzkA6thL3OYPXNXRRyFg61r0qDQRFVoau wxr7P1zR-9y_SpDi0vpIpSLlo&sz=w1600-h1000&ats=1415837237704&rm=14980a5ca9d4b260&zw&atsh=1

Do you have any tips to get my laser work again ?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I'm posting this here because if found no solution on the forum and my supplier seems to be unable to understand my problem (or don't want to...) :(

Bert Kemp
11-12-2014, 8:58 PM
It must be your missing a DLL file try this link and see if you can find the one your missing and download it.
hope this helps
http://www.dll-files.com/

abby ZHANG
11-12-2014, 10:55 PM
our cusotmers met lots of this problems. it is very easy to slove.

just ask for a new dll file from your manufacture

or let them send you the complete software.

reinstall it. porblem will be sloved quickly

good luck

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2014, 9:38 AM
Firmware and software DLL versions don't match my friend. (basically the firmware on the card and the lasercut installation have miss matched dll files)

Who is the manufacturer? if no luck I may be able to get them for you

cheers

Dave

Philippe Lecomte
11-13-2014, 6:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the answers.

The manufacturer is IEHK (iehk.com).

I have contacted them and they told me to redownload and reinstall their software (as Abby told me in this thread)... But i had no luck with doing that and the result is the same.

What is bizarre is that when i use an old .MOL file that used to work and plug it directly to the laser via an USB key (without any PC linked), i have the same error message.

Any further help would be very welcomed ! ^^

Thanks again,

Philippe

Wilbur Harris
11-13-2014, 6:37 PM
So you're saying that when using a USB stick with a previously "good" file and leaving the computer completely out of the picture it still gives that error?

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2014, 7:23 PM
If the firmware has been updated or is different to the install version then re-installing the software won't help.

How to flash firmware (this relates to Leetro cards but is normally the same for most types)

http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/WhatFirmware.html

Check with IEHK that they have given you the matching firmware and software first though.

cheers

Dave

Philippe Lecomte
11-13-2014, 7:42 PM
Dave,

That makes perfect sense. Thanks.

My MPC is 6525 and not 6515 though... And I don't see any diode on the controller (maybe because of the plastic cover screwed on it)

I've just asked IEHK to send me the correct firmware which goes with their last software (with the step by step instructions to upgrade the controller), i hope they'll understand my message and answer to it.

Thank you for your help, i'll let you know if my problem is resolved and post the solution here if any.

Regards,

Philippe

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2014, 8:48 PM
If you get stuck my friend just drop me an email and I'll talk you through it :)

cheers

Dave

Philippe Lecomte
11-17-2014, 11:33 AM
Dave (and the others !),

Thanks a lot for your help. I managed to get the correct DLL without the help of the manufacturer (still playing dead to my numerous emails).

The DLL version of the last Lasercut distributed by the manufacturer was not the same that the one in my laser machine.

Thanks to this online directory (and Rabbitlaserusa website) i managed to find the correct DLL :
http://www.rabbitlaserusa.com/driverdisk/Firmwares/

I've downloaded every "mpc05ls.dll" file versions available there and tried them until finding the one compatible with my machine !

This file is the only one important when you check your compatibility. Don't bother with the others ones if you encounter the same problem.

The aim is to have exactly the same DLL version in the 3 firsts parameters when you check MPC05ver2.1.exe (4.3.0.0 in my case)

Thanks a lot for the help provided in this thread.

CYA soon

Regards,

Philippe

Bert Kemp
11-17-2014, 3:01 PM
Another happy MEMBER! Please consider becoming a contributor. Most everyone here tries to give back to the community. Be it with a small annual contribution (6bucks) or like some with their vast knowledge that can get you out of trouble in a hurry, and like many who do both.Nobody knows it all but everybody knows something. So please become a contributor, either with your knowledge or a small donation or hopefully both. I am in noway connected to sawmill creek other then just a member of this forum who has been helped more times then I can count and really really appreciate all the great people here that donate their time and knowledge to this forum.