PDA

View Full Version : Price of Felder K700 S

Wakahisa Shinta
11-12-2014, 5:40 PM
I am considering replacing my contractor TS with a Felder K 700 S. It's listed at $11,855 on Felder USA website. How much discount can be negotiated off of the list price? 30%? 20%? 0%? This is going to last me the next 3+ decade!

Jim Andrew
11-12-2014, 7:31 PM
Which size do you want to order? I bought a Hammer K3 last winter, and it is an amazing saw. Is the Felder available in single phase? I have been looking at the Grizzly Christmas catalog, they have a 12" slider, 6 1/2hp 3 phase, made in Germany for 6995, wonder what company builds that one? Looks like if they would make it 5 hp single phase, they could sell a lot of that model. It has 124" stroke.

Harry Hagan
11-12-2014, 8:10 PM
I am considering replacing my contractor TS with a Felder K 700 S. It's listed at $11,855 on Felder USA website. How much discount can be negotiated off of the list price? 30%? 20%? 0%? This is going to last me the next 3+ decade!
If you have to ask how much it costs, (with a discount) you can't afford it.

J P Morgan

eugene thomas
11-12-2014, 8:20 PM
Can afford... thought only worried about that after got the credit card bill.

James Zhu
11-12-2014, 8:29 PM
I am surprised that list price for K700S on Felder USA is same as the price on Felder Canada. I doubt Felder would offer 20% discount on the new K700S.

Why not buy used? Saw the 2008 MiniMax CU300 in classified, singled owner, you can have saw, shaper, J/P and mortiser for 6K.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?223721-FS-2008-Minimax-CU300-Smart-5-5-asking-6K-Antioch-IL

David Kumm
11-12-2014, 8:38 PM
Felder runs some specials during the year but doesn't discount a lot- generally. They often run a Christmas promotion on selected machines. The 700 is much heavier than the Hammer. If you aren't tied to single phase, there are lots of used sliders out there for cheap. I'm a big fan of Felder but 12K buys a used Martin and a phase converter. Dave

SCMI had a special going a few months ago on their 400 Nova which is pretty equivalent to the K700- about 10K I think.

Rich Riddle
02-09-2015, 5:59 AM
They have someone selling the same saw in New York for $7000 via the Felder USA website. It's used but looks brand new and since Felder advertises it, you know it's been sold through them. They indicate it's been well maintained.

Steve Rozmiarek
02-09-2015, 9:12 AM
Several years ago, the price was the price. You could get nice discounts on the options though if they were bought with the saw. IIRK, which is a big if... I'll second what Rich said about the used one. I really doubt anyone is going to wear a K700 out even in constant daily use, and most of these are probably bought by retired affluent old gentlemen who really don't use them hard. That used one will be like new.

Jordan Lane
02-09-2015, 10:33 AM
the price is negotiable in person at least ... i went to the Delaware office a few years ago during a promotional event and got some knocked off the price but cant remember how much

Jim Becker
02-09-2015, 10:46 AM
For this "industrial/professional class" of equipment, regular discounts are not a normal thing. There are occasional promotions and as indicated, you can often sweeten the deal on accessories and options, depending on the manufacturer. And you can sometimes negotiate a little if the time is right. This is not limited to Felder...it applies to pretty much all their peers, too. When I bought my MiniMax equipment, I took advantage of opportunities, such as trade shows and other limited promotions to reduce my cost slightly, including picking up two machines from shows after they were used on the floor for static demonstration purposes. My slider was shipped via truck and I picked it up at the trucking depot with my utility trailer since there's no way to get a semi into my property (nor an available forklift) and it was too big for a shorter lift-gate truck. Timing and planning are what helped with my machine cost.

Jim Andrew
02-09-2015, 1:18 PM
I was checking out woodweb and irs auctions a couple months ago, and found some Hammer equipment at about 1/2 price of new. One listing had a Hammer tablesaw, bandsaw and jointer surfacer combo, so you could buy most of your shop tools at one time.

Bill Adamsen
02-09-2015, 2:16 PM
+1 for the used. As long as you can inspect and test running, and feel comfortable the "seller" isn't a swindler, you should do fine. As Dave mentioned, I've recently seen several Martin saws locally in NY area for temptingly reasonable amounts. That plus a rpc and you're "off to the races." Of course, none of this stuff is easy to get out of where it is, and into where it is going, without incurring damage to machine, mover or vehicle. Or all three.

Wakahisa Shinta
02-09-2015, 2:36 PM
Jim resurrected my old thread. I agree with his post above. The industrial equipment does not go on sale. My Felder/Hammer sale rep said the same thing. The deals are for accessories, whose total cost can become quite high.

In the end, space was the limiting factor. A Felder K700 S with a 9' sliding table and cross-cutting outrigger takes up my 2-car garage floor. My wife green-lighted it, but I couldn't justify this for a hobby. So, I continue my struggle with a Rigid R4511, whose granite top left wing broke recently (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?226604-Glue-for-iron-to-granite-a-Ridgid-R4511-problem).

Rich Riddle
02-09-2015, 4:13 PM
Jim resurrected my old thread. I agree with his post above. The industrial equipment does not go on sale. My Felder/Hammer sale rep said the same thing. The deals are for accessories, whose total cost can become quite high.

In the end, space was the limiting factor. A Felder K700 S with a 9' sliding table and cross-cutting outrigger takes up my 2-car garage floor. My wife green-lighted it, but I couldn't justify this for a hobby. So, I continue my struggle with a Rigid R4511, whose granite top left wing broke recently (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?226604-Glue-for-iron-to-granite-a-Ridgid-R4511-problem).

Well choosing between the two you mentioned is a "false dichotomy" situation. Many other options exist between those extremes. Are you pondering one of those other options?

Chris Parks
02-09-2015, 7:41 PM
Well choosing between the two you mentioned is a "false dichotomy" situation. Many other options exist between those extremes. Are you pondering one of those other options?

I have a K3 winner without the outrigger and I would recommend the same to anyone. It can be purchased with or without the outrigger for panel work and if needed can be added later on at the same price so in fact it can be trialled as just a sliding table saw. It is very compact and would fit in the same space as a cabinet saw with an outfeed table.

Wakahisa Shinta
02-09-2015, 10:07 PM
Am I pondering options? Yes, but not in any hurry. I read about the Grizzly G0690, which appears to be a capable saw. I like the current Unisaw, but can't find a unit to put my paws on. Sawstop's technology doesn't impress me very much. Browse CL infrequently looking for used sliders. My next TS is either a cabinet TS or a slider; no more hybrid. In the mean time, I try to improve my skills with the tools I have. I've plenty of room to grow!