PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Cat hair in tube

Bert Kemp
11-12-2014, 1:23 PM
I don't know how cat hair got in my tube but its there .I can see it fluttering inside the tube, seems to be stuck on the bracket in the tube. I've changed water and put a filter to catch stuff as it comes out, not using laser just trying to flush it out, but a lot is hung up and not coming out.
question.
is there anything I can do to help it along? something I can add to water to maybe dissolve the hair.
as long as I have good water flow will it hurt anything if I use the laser??300140300141300142
tHANKS FOR ANY IDEAS

gary l roberts
11-12-2014, 2:04 PM
Have you tried to reverse "in and out" water feeds?

Mike Troncalli
11-12-2014, 2:08 PM
Only if it bunches up and creates a clog in your line and reduces water flow... And Bert.. You are the only person I know that could have this happen... :eek:

Dave Sheldrake
11-12-2014, 2:16 PM
Sure that's Cat fluff and not ribbon algae Bert?

cheers

Dave

Bert Kemp
11-12-2014, 2:35 PM
Gary No I haven't tried that but will thyank you.
Dave I have 4 tabs of anti algae in 10 gals of water so I didn't think it would be algae, My bucket is covered but you know cat hair. If it is ribbon algae is there a way to get it out more tabs maybe or something better that will kill it?

Oh I get the water I use from a Glacier water dispenser at our local store, its suppose to have a gazillion ways to filter and purify the water, its service once a month so I don't think its the water, but I'm going to check with the company anyway .

Dave Sheldrake
11-12-2014, 2:59 PM
Don't reverse the water flow, the flow sensor will stick buddy (they are designed to only open one way) ;)

50 ml of Bleach will kill pretty much anything, just make sure you flush the tube properly afterwards.

Even the purest water can grow stuff in it as soon as it's exposed to atmosphere

cheers

Dave

John Bion
11-12-2014, 3:16 PM
Bert, you have joined the amazed ranks of algae haters.

PS: Are you sure it is Cats hair not not Rabbit fluff:)

Kind Regards, John

Bert Kemp
11-12-2014, 3:19 PM
Ray and Carol assured me they preload all of their machines with Rabbit fur eliminator so no worries there:rolleyes:
Dave to late I went out and reversed flow right after I read it and its was running that way for like an hour or so but I'm not useing the laser. I have put them back the correct way. Hope the flow sensor doesn't stick.

Bert, you have joined the amazed ranks of algae haters.

PS: Are you sure it is Cats hair not not Rabbit fluff:)

Kind Regards, John

Jerome Stanek
11-12-2014, 3:34 PM
It's rabbit fur for the winter

Bert Kemp
11-12-2014, 4:06 PM
Whats winter I'm in AZ:p back on track here I have to find a way to kill this stuff what ever it is.!!

It's rabbit fur for the winter

Jerome Stanek
11-12-2014, 6:18 PM
Whats winter I'm in AZ:p back on track here I have to find a way to kill this stuff what ever it is.!!

But you picked it up in Ohio and Ray must have accidentally sold you one for the north. Hope you can get it out I would try reversing the hoses at the tube

Dan Hintz
11-12-2014, 8:08 PM
Sure that's Cat fluff and not ribbon algae Bert?

The moment I saw it I thought algae, not hair... it's algae that has finally broken loose from wherever it was growing.

Bert Kemp
11-12-2014, 8:35 PM
Dan it was growing in my water tank, but how do I kill it get it out of the tube prevent it from happening more:(

abby ZHANG
11-12-2014, 11:04 PM
I found this will help you who want to cleaning the CO2 glass laser tube.

I finally managed to clear it using a 5%-10% solutions of hydrochloric acid solution "Trade4 Brick & Patio Cleaner" available from Travis Perkins merchants (UK).

I detached the tube filled the tube half way for an hour turning it occasionally then rinsed the tube out thoroughly.

I replaced the chiller water also

now the alarm on the chiller has cleared and the flow through the tube is back to normal.

Hope this helps anyone else with the same problem

Mike Null
11-13-2014, 7:46 AM
I believe ordinary household bleach might work. Do some more research before taking my word on this but it sticks in my mind that some have had success with it.

Phil Thien
11-13-2014, 8:40 AM
CNC routers work much better for engraving cats.

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2014, 9:34 AM
UV pond filters work well Bert, Hydrochloric.....hummm not so sure I'd be happy sticking that in a tube that on some has aluminium water jackets.

Cleanout with Bleach like Mike said just make sure that it's well rinsed afterwards.

A capful of baby bottle steriliser in the water will help keep it clean but as yet I haven't found anything that isn't either highly toxic or very corrosive that will stop it totally past dedicated coolant additives like "Lasercool" from HPC over here in the UK.

Phil, My cats come to work with me :) they have their own room with red and green lasers to chase all day :)

Mike Null
11-13-2014, 9:58 AM
Dave

Sorry for the repetition. I missed your earlier post on the bleach.

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2014, 12:10 PM
Confirmation is always good Mike, I miss stuff and make mistakes like everybody else, good to have a follow up :)

cheers

Dave

gary l roberts
11-13-2014, 4:58 PM
Sorry if I gave you bad advice on reversing the tubes....... if it buggered anything up PM me and I'll make it right.

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2014, 5:36 PM
It won't damage it Gary :) worst case the little bobble just pushes against the wrong end and the alarm goes off :) it's actually good advice on machines that have no flow sensors :)

cheers

Dave

John Bion
11-13-2014, 6:24 PM
Sorry if I gave you bad advice on reversing the tubes....... if it buggered anything up PM me and I'll make it right.

Gary,
I am sure I speak for many when I say that your honourable attitude in this small thing has just earned you respect. Wish we saw this attitude in business more often!
Kind Regards and thanks,
John

Dave Sheldrake
11-13-2014, 7:26 PM
+1 on that John :)

Bert Kemp
11-13-2014, 9:11 PM
Hey Gary no problem appreciate your concern but I put the line back the right way and tested it and it works ok.
Dave I'm with you don't think I'm gonna try the acid bit, but will give bleach a try. I also spend a long time walking around walmart today while waiting for my drugs to get filled and I couldn't find and bottle sterilizer, but will look again next trip.
Really appreciate all the replies here.

Hannu Rinne
11-14-2014, 5:18 PM
Hi Bert,

I have had algae inside my (LLC 60W) laser tube about two years now and I havenīt noticed any problem at all with it - laser still working fine - picture attached...

Kind regards,
Hannu

Bert Kemp
11-14-2014, 5:28 PM
Thats good to know Thanks

Hi Bert,

I have had algae inside my (LLC 60W) laser tube about two years now and I havenīt noticed any problem at all with it - laser still working fine - picture attached...

Kind regards,
Hannu