PDA

View Full Version : Corel Help

Jeff Belany
11-12-2014, 1:00 PM
I've been having some issues with my Corel X4. Use so you know, I've been using Corel since v3 and lasering for 15 years so I'm not a newbie.

A while back I posted about problems with Cutout Lab in PhotoPaint X4. I know how to use it but when I finish, there is no "OK" button to complete the process. I posted a thread asking for help but no one had any ideas. NOW, I have another, similar problem with Draw, specifically Trace. When I go to Trace and finish the image I can't get it to go back to Draw. Now I have used Trace hundreds of times and never had any issues like this. I need some help.

Here's what I have tried -- I first did the F8 reset defaults, then I tried doing a 'Repair' from my Corel disk, then I uninstalled CorelDraw and did a full reinstall. None of these helped. I have Googled this and got no useful results. I only hope some of you guys might have a suggestion. I can live without Cutout Lab but I cannot live without Trace.

HELP!

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Mike Null
11-12-2014, 4:47 PM
Jeff

If the file is not resident in Draw where is it? My traces never leave Draw.

Jeff Belany
11-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Mike,

When you have an image to trace, you click on trace and it opens Trace. You do the trace and then you should be able to hit 'OK' and you return to Draw with the traced image. I can't return to Draw with the traced image. I have no buttons on the bottom of the screen -- no 'OK', no 'Cancel' and no 'Help'. That's my problem.

David Somers
11-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Good morning Jeff,

What version Windows are you running?
I have a funny feeling you are running into a screen resolution issue, with the Windows screen resolution not being compatible with what Corel can use in Trace, and your OK button is actually off the screen?

Dave

Mike Null
11-13-2014, 11:08 AM
Jeff

Maybe I'm not understanding your issue but the vector image and the traced image never leaves the original drawing page in Corel. You simply select it and move it off the object that was traced.

Jeff Belany
11-13-2014, 2:50 PM
David,

YOU WIN THE PRIZE!!!! Never thought that would do it. Even a couple "Corel Experts" didn't think of that.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!

Mike Null
11-13-2014, 3:01 PM
Great catch, Dave!

David Somers
11-13-2014, 3:37 PM
Terrific Jeff!!!! Glad that worked! I see that on and off with the machines I support but with other applications. Or when trying to do remote desktop to them while folks are on the road.

Dave

Bill Stearns
11-13-2014, 6:43 PM
Hey All -
Long as we are talking 'bout CorelDraw problems - thought I'd tell you 'bout my latest issue. (may prove helpful to someone.) My CorelDraw X5 would not open! Nor would any of my files. Panic setting in, I searched for solutions - finally, took my hard-drive to the computer repair shop. To digress for 'moment, I use Avast for my security scanning program; 'while back I added an Avast addition called Grimefighter. (which 'long with other things, it removed JAVA from my computer!) My computer guy found that, apparently, CorelDraw needs Java. So, he reinstalled it for me. Afterwards, I was able to open Cdraw - but then found the "copy 'n paste" function didn't work. So, back to the shop! (in reading, I learned that CD installs lots of files in something called a "temp file" - my computer guy found hundreds of CD related "temp files" - cleaned 'em out (removed 'em) and my computer & CD program is working fine now! (So, maybe, look into "temp file" issues, if you've got problems.) I was out' a business for 'bout 3 days! - oh, how our livelihoods depend upon these machines! Scary, when you think 'bout it!

Bill