PDA

View Full Version : Making large sign letters and best supplier for plaques

Kit Dumph
11-11-2014, 10:51 PM
I have a school that wants to do large letters for a hall of fame and I'm thinking perhaps cut aryriclic painted black? Will be indoors and approximately 14 feet long with maybe 14-20" tall letters. Is this the best way to go about this or would you guys try for something else material wise? What kind of paint do you like? Also curious where the best quality and cheapest plaques can be found. Been looking at JDS, laserbits, and Johnston's. All seem about equal, but I have never order from either.

Keith Colson
11-11-2014, 11:21 PM
Black acrylic is really common and perfect for this job. It cuts really well, no need for paint.

Cheers
Keith

Joe Pelonio
11-11-2014, 11:38 PM
I'd go with 3nn PVC for that size, lighter, easier to install and less.expensive. Would have to be CNC cut. Black will stay black indoors. Cheapest, of course is vinyl lettering which can be applied to painted drywall.

Mike Null
11-12-2014, 8:04 AM
I use JDS as my primary plaque supplier. I don't carry the cheap stuff--somebody else can have that business.

I also use Tropar if my customer wants to shop a catalog.

Kit Dumph
11-12-2014, 8:36 AM
Do you have a good supplier? Whats the best way to mount the letters afterwords?