PDA

View Full Version : General 10-810 magnetic switch wiring

Benjamin Wooten
11-11-2014, 4:55 PM
Hi everybody! I have a General International 10-810 single phase, 3HP dust collector.

I am wiring my plug (a 220v twist-lock on a two pole 20amp circuit) and am at an impasse in terms of connecting my supply to the appropriate terminals.

I have the appropriate gauge 2-wire (with red, black, and ground/green), and need to know whether my red and black wires go into the L1, L2, or L3 slots. Currently there is a wire connecting L1 to A1, L2 is totally empty, L3 has a wire to 96, and a receptacle labelled 13NO has two wires coming out of it and running to 17 and 95.

I presume I am supposed to put one wire on L1 and the other on L2, but is it ok to add a wire to L1 if it is already connected to A1? It looks like there is room for one wire on each side of the screw-down flange, but I have not encountered this before and wanted to check.

Have any of you had experience wiring one of these dust collectors?

Any advice is appreciated...

Mike Heidrick
11-11-2014, 10:03 PM
One wire to L1 One wire to L3. Many times L2 is not used on single phase. 95% of contractors are 3 pole to wire a 3phase motor if needed. A1and the others are part of the latching circuit.

Benjamin Wooten
11-16-2014, 12:40 PM
Thanks a lot Mike I appreciate it!