PDA

View Full Version : Veteran's Day

DOUG ANGEL
11-11-2014, 1:05 PM
I spent a little over 20 ( 1967 to 1988) years in the Air Force, mostly doing Avionics maintenance on fighter jets. No assignments to Viet Nam or that area, so I had it easy. Please take the time to think about our folks serving now. It's not just a Federal Holiday!

ray hampton
11-11-2014, 1:11 PM
thank you for your tour of duty

Dave Sheldrake
11-11-2014, 1:41 PM
Today my Children woke in a free country because of the efforts and sacrifices of far better men than I will ever be. May whatever God you hold true smile down on you.

Dave

Frederick Skelly
11-11-2014, 1:49 PM
Thank you!

Ken Fitzgerald
11-11-2014, 2:08 PM
My father served in the US Navy during WWII. My FIL served in the US Army during WWII. I served in the US Navy from '68-76. My wife's older brother served in the US Navy as a Huey pilot with HAL-3 inland in Vietnam. My oldest son served 9 years in the US Army including Desert Shield and Desert Storm. My youngest son is active duty US Navy today. Two of our grandsons are on active duty today, with the oldest grandson on active duty as enlisted US Navy and his brother is active duty US Army.

It's been our honor to serve this country.

Thanks to our brothers and sisters in arms!

Bert Kemp
11-11-2014, 2:24 PM
Doug I too was one of the lucky one's. I joined the Marine Corps when I was 17 in 1967 my parents had to sign a waiver for me to get in. After boot camp at PI and ITR at at Camp Lejeune I was sent to Mechanic's school and then to Camp Pendleton for gorilla warfare training. We then got orders for Nam and were loaded onto civilian airliners and headed overseas. When we landed at Kadena AFB in Okinawa we were taken off the plane and told our services were needed there. Seems there was a shortage of mechanics there, so I spent my tour in Okinawa. I was one of the lucky one's.
But I also remember every day those that weren't so lucky. I now ride with the Patriot Guard Riders to give respect to the families of those who have been taken from us and never pass up a chance to thank a service member for their service.
So Thanks To All the Veterans here at the Creek for a job well done thank you and God Bless America.:)

Paul McGaha
11-11-2014, 6:50 PM
Thanks for serving veterans. God bless you and your families.

PHM

Lee Schierer
11-11-2014, 7:56 PM
My father served 30 years in the Air Force. I served 5 years of active duty after graduating from Annapolis in 1971 and then 21 years as a reserve, retiring as an O-6.

Shawn Pixley
11-11-2014, 7:57 PM
Happy Veterans' Day to all. Let's not repeat The Great War.

"If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
In Flanders fields."