PDA

View Full Version : So Excited for Christmas, feel like a child

Scott Brandstetter
11-09-2014, 11:09 PM
Anyone else have plans or the go ahead (as I do from the lovely wife....yes I ask before spending big bucks) to buy any major tools? I am looking forward to a new table saw as well as an 8 inch jointer. This will really complete my shop in regards to higher quality tools with the ability to better make quality items....at least that's what I sold my wife on. I simply can't wait for Santa to get here, going to be the best Christmas ever.

What did you ask Santa for

Moses Yoder
11-10-2014, 7:13 PM
I am just as excited as you are. I am getting a book containing the complete works of Oswald Chambers. My wife ordered it Saturday evening.

Dave Zellers
11-10-2014, 9:21 PM
You should be excited! You will fall in love with your 8" jointer. You should name it after your wife.

Me, I'm asking for a SuperMax 19-38 drum sander but the result will be the same as the time I was 13 and ask for a 22 rifle.

Nada.

Enjoy- assuming you have a planer, there is nothing quite like jointing stock perfectly flat, planing it perfectly to thickness and then working with it. When the knives are sharp and aligned, the boards actually cling together after they have been stacked. I love that.

Jim Andrew
11-11-2014, 7:25 AM
I have bought all my machines on end of year promotions and Christmas sales. Maybe I'll get a few more clamps this year.

eugene thomas
11-11-2014, 9:05 AM
I used the Christmas and birthday line so much to buy big ticket items the wife could skip all presents til 2020 or later....but do have nice shop

mreza Salav
11-11-2014, 10:25 AM
My wish list is to get our house under construction finished as soon as possible. My goal was to move in this Sept. Then I pushed it to Christmas and that's not going to happen either. I hope I'm done with my work by the end of Jan at the latest (wishful thinking...)

Scott Cenicola
11-11-2014, 8:48 PM
Just picked up a like new Rigid r4331 13" planer on CL for $170 today. Texted my wife "Merry Christmas". Can't wait to run some lumber through it tomorrow!