PDA

View Full Version : Dang it, Rob Lee!

Michael Ray Smith
11-08-2014, 8:07 AM
Got one of your catalogs today. Why is it that I always find things that I don't know that I can't live without until I see them in your catalog? Heck, sometimes I don't even know they exist until I saw the see them in your catalog. :)

Jim Matthews
11-08-2014, 9:02 AM
It could be worse.

They could be on the street corner,
ready to offer you a dose of Canadian arn.

When he comes up with a line of jewelry for ladies,
we're done for.

Chris Hachet
11-08-2014, 10:17 AM
I think they are doing some free shipping at the moment IIRC. More of my money over the border to Canada!

glenn bradley
11-08-2014, 10:20 AM
I think they are doing some free shipping at the moment IIRC. More of my money over the border to Canada!

Yep, Rob's kid's college fund grew a bit thanks to me . . . yet again ;-)

Greg Berlin
11-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Yes I finally pulled the trigger on some items that have been sitting in my cart for like a month and free shipping pushed me over the edge back to broke. haha! I picked up a low angle smoother. I have the rest of the bevel up line (BU Smoother, BU Jack, and BU jointer) and I like them all so well, but I wanted a smaller version of the BU jack plane with square sides for shooting and other tasks where a BU jack or BU Smoothing plane just gets heavy (Like making raised panels by hand.) I have a #4 1/2 stanley that works great too, but I'm just in love with the BU line of planes. I find that their versatility, ease of adjustment and setup, and quality of finish can't get any better.

Harold Burrell
11-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Yeah...I'm trying to convince my wife that the woodworking community (and Rob Lee) are celebrating my upcoming birthday by offering free shipping from Lee Valley. "Therefore, it would only be right and proper if we were to take advantage of it...since everyone else is."

So far it has not worked...

Cody Kemble
11-08-2014, 5:25 PM
My wife signed up for their emails so she knows when to keep a closer eye on my tool perusing.

DOUG ANGEL
11-08-2014, 5:43 PM
It's the free shipping that gets me looking, then the tool disease takes over. MUST HAVE.....MUST HAVE

dan sherman
11-08-2014, 7:26 PM
It's the free shipping that gets me looking, then the tool disease takes over. MUST HAVE.....MUST HAVE

I'll go broke if LV ever starts selling on amazon, as I have prime and thus free two day shipping.

Tom Stenzel
11-08-2014, 10:50 PM
I had asked my wife what she wanted for Christmas, day before yesterday she said she just found some stuff for the kitchen that she's always wanted. And she mentioned she found it at some place in Canada that I'd probably never heard of.:p

This just might work out really, really well!

-Tom

Joe Tilson
11-09-2014, 7:41 AM
Rob is a good sales person, he knows how to hook us, by the way Rob, my wife wants to know when you are coming out with that line of jewelry?

Mike Holbrook
11-09-2014, 9:16 AM
I hear you, I sent in a Robb contribution Friday. I fear I may not be done yet too. If I like the Stanley plane blades I ordered...I have several more Stanley planes that may need blades. I know David, the stock Stanley blades are good too, but I apparently was not smart enough yet to check the pictures carefully enough to figure out how much was left on those blades. I think sometimes sellers run those blades way up on the chip breakers to make them look longer than they are. I might even want another 25 degree PM-V11 blade for my BU planes as Derek has convinced me of the wisdom of only using micro bevels on 25 degree blades on those planes. Now that I have CBN wheels I fear no plane blade!

Rob Lee
11-09-2014, 9:36 AM
Yep, Rob's kid's college fund grew a bit thanks to me . . . yet again ;-)

Good news Glenn - kids are done with college....

Bad news - they both work in the business, and are learnin' all the tricks.... :)

Cheers -

Rob

DOUG ANGEL
11-09-2014, 2:58 PM

Bad news - they both work in the business, and are learnin' all the tricks.... :)

Cheers -

Rob
Rob, I'm a sucker for the miniature tools, are you going to produce a miniature #4 hand plane?

Michael Ray Smith
11-09-2014, 3:21 PM
Rob, Some others have noticed free shipping is sometimes followed by announcements of new tools. Well. . . . .?

Michael Ray Smith
11-09-2014, 3:25 PM
"What's this box from Lee Valley?"
"That's a necklace I ordered for you. No special occasion. Just because I love you."
"Why is the box so heavy?"
"Uh......."

Joe Tilson
11-10-2014, 1:56 PM
Michael,
That must be one of those new cast iron necklaces that look just like several hand planes. I can imagine one made to look like chisels as well. Wow, Rob, just think of the possibilities:eek:.

glenn bradley
11-10-2014, 2:28 PM

Cheers -

Rob

No problem. I'll gladly fund the next generation for as long as the wonderful products keep coming along ;-)

John Sanford
11-11-2014, 2:12 AM
I'm in for some more goodness from the Awesome Omnitoolery of Ottawa.