PDA

View Full Version : John Beaver at SOFA in Chicago

Bob Bergstrom
11-07-2014, 8:53 PM
I was attending SOFA (Sculptural Objects and Functional Art ) show at Navy Pier in Chicago today and found John Beaver working one of the exhibits. We spent some time discussing one f his pieces and how he constructioned it. He was so willing to explain in detail all the processes involved in his creations. He made the day for two old turners. Here are a couple pictures. He will be deming Sunday afternoon if you are in the Chicago area

Scott Hackler
11-07-2014, 8:56 PM
John is a lot of fun and puts on a great demo as well! Wish I could have made it to SOFA. Lots of familiar faces on display up there.

Steve Schlumpf
11-07-2014, 9:08 PM
Very proud to see John is at SOFA - well deserved recognition of his art! I know a few others that are there as well and hope he gets the chance to get to know them as well!

Thanks for the photos Bob! Bet the show was really something to see in person!

Greg Just
11-07-2014, 9:10 PM
John did a demo for our club a few years ago and it was very interesting.

Bob Bergstrom
11-07-2014, 9:52 PM
Watched David Ellsworth ( at the AAW booth) turn the inside an bottom of a natural edge bowl in a less than 5 minutes. Wow, it was about 1/4" thick from top to bottom. He signed two of them for some high school art students. I'm not sure if they realized what they got to take home?? I was tempted to make them an offer.:D:D

Shawn Pachlhofer
11-07-2014, 10:28 PM
that tall piece over Beaver's right shoulder looks like something Ellsworth was working on.

Bob Bergstrom
11-07-2014, 10:59 PM
that tall piece over Beaver's right shoulder looks like something Ellsworth was working on.
Yes I belive that is David's. Here's a couple more of John's pieces.

Steve Mawson
11-09-2014, 9:20 PM
John does great demo's and hands on classes.