PDA

View Full Version : Replacement controller for Phoenix 1212

Eric Edgette
11-07-2014, 2:30 PM
Hey guys, long time no see.

I just started working an a knife shop that does a lot of custom engraving on the knives they sell. They recently (6 months) ago bought a phoenix 1212 with vision 4 controller. The owner is very unhappy with the software with the controller, so much so if this machine was stolen or was burned in an isolated fire within the shop everyone would be happy.

One of the other guys here looked at another controller that utilized corel draw (that is also being used for the epilog laser we have). But that was 4k and we're unsure if it is worth the additional money after buying this machine.

So, can anyone recommend a good controller for this engraver that is more user friendly and possibly works with corel? Thanks.

Mike Null
11-07-2014, 4:43 PM
Eric

I am not familiar with your machine but Visions used Engravlab as their software on other machines. If that's what you have I may be able to help.

Eric Edgette
11-07-2014, 9:04 PM
Ok. So just because it has a vision controller doesn't mean we can't change the software? I believe the software is "vision pro". This is the model we have http://www.visionengravers.com/products/engraving-machines/medium-engravers/Phoenix-1212-engraving-machine.asp If you're saying we can change software and not the controller I would like to hear about that.

Jerome Stanek
11-08-2014, 7:34 AM
download a trial version one of Vectrics software and see if that will do it.

Mike Null
11-08-2014, 8:31 AM
I would ask Visions if "Vision Pro" is a re-labeled Engravlab.