PDA

View Full Version : New Moderator

Mike Null
11-07-2014, 7:19 AM
It's a good day!!!:)

We are very pleased to welcome Scott (Steve) Shepherd to SMC as a moderator. Those who follow the engraving forum already know that Steve is one of our most knowledgeable members and quite generous with his time and experience.

Scott Shepherd
11-07-2014, 8:07 AM
Thanks Mike, you are too kind. I'm not even close to being one of the most knowledgeable people in this section, but thanks for the welcome :) Let's hope my services of moderator aren't needed often :)

John Bion
11-07-2014, 8:37 AM
As one who has benefited much from both Mike and Steve, I look forward to having Steve as a Mod:) Hope the Mod workload is not too great Steve......:eek:
Kind regards, John

Jiten Patel
11-07-2014, 8:58 AM
Steve, nooooo anyone but Steve!

No only joking....hope the monitoring doesn't keep you too busy!

Scott Shepherd
11-07-2014, 9:12 AM
That's strike 1 Jit ;)

Only kidding. I think the Engraver's section has some of the best people on the forum. There seems to be far less monitoring needed on this section than most other sections, as far as I can tell. So it should be a breeze. Getting the keys to the Executive Lounge will really help with those afternoon naps between deleting people's posts :D

Mike Lassiter
11-07-2014, 9:15 AM
I think he ( Scott/Steve) has been a tremendous asset to all here for his knowledge and insight, and willingness to offer help to all. He has earned my respect and I think everyone else too.

With that said, I feel he will make a fair and impartial moderator everyone will be proud of.

Jason Hilton
11-07-2014, 9:27 AM
Hmmmm, I'm not so sure about this. I think we need a test. Please moderate the following post:

"Hey everyone! my website is not available ! You guys should stop in and check it out! We have it all! Also, if you have products you want to sell on our page let me know! CORN! Do you guys like cat videos? That too! Hey lasers1! Also does anyone know how to engrave a cat PHOTO on my iPad?"

Don't test me Jason, don't test me ;) LOL

Chris DeGerolamo
11-07-2014, 9:56 AM
so when are we getting a 'like' button?

Jason Hilton
11-07-2014, 10:20 AM
LOL You're going to do fine!

Hmmmm, I'm not so sure about this. I think we need a test. Please moderate the following post:

"Hey everyone! my website is not available ! You guys should stop in and check it out! We have it all! Also, if you have products you want to sell on our page let me know! CORN! Do you guys like cat videos? That too! Hey lasers1! Also does anyone know how to engrave a cat PHOTO on my iPad?"

Don't test me Jason, don't test me ;) LOL

Dave Sheldrake
11-07-2014, 10:22 AM
Scotty without a doubt is one of the nicest guys I've come across, great choice :)

cheers

Dave

Paul Phillips
11-07-2014, 10:44 AM
Congrats Scott, one of the most helpful guys I've met, offered take my phone call to answer any questions I had before buying my laser and helped me make the best decision for what I needed, will always be grateful, definitely earned it Scott! Not so sure about that lazy eye though, I can never tell which one is looking at me!

David Somers
11-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Woohooooo Scott! Congrats!

Dave

Robert Tepper
11-07-2014, 12:43 PM
Great!

Robert

Paul Phillips
11-07-2014, 1:27 PM
Uh oh, looks like there's a new Marshal in town! Wonder where that lazy eyed deputy went!

Scott Shepherd
11-07-2014, 1:29 PM
LOL Paul! Couldn't think of a better time. You all keep minding your P's and Q's and we won't have any problems :)

Bert Kemp
11-07-2014, 1:34 PM
You notice he's the Sheriff now no more lowly deputy:D Congrats Scott (Steve) lol

Paul Phillips
11-07-2014, 8:20 PM
Y'all let me know if'n yer need any help runnin' them outlaws outta' town Marshal!

Frank Corker
11-08-2014, 7:29 AM
Steve is without doubt the right man for the job and one of the most knowledgeable. Good choice.

Steve Morris
11-08-2014, 12:57 PM
Poacher turned Gamekeeper.. :)

Have fun Steve, "badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges"

Steve Clarkson
11-08-2014, 5:44 PM
I agree with Frank......a very good choice.....I truly value and respect any advice Steve gives.

BTW Steve.......I hope you negotiated a nice compensation package with a golden parachute and such......

Scott Shepherd
11-08-2014, 7:57 PM
Awww Shucks Guys! That's very kind of you all. I feel the same way about you all as well. With a bunch like this, I don't think there's going to be much "moderating". Seems to be one of the areas of the site that doesn't need as much attention as other areas, which is good for me. I hate to be disturbed when I'm sleeping in the Executive Lounge eating Surf & Turf. Man, if you all could only see what we have on this side :p