PDA

View Full Version : Vector from bmp or jpg

Gary Lesley
11-06-2014, 1:44 AM
Does any one know where I can find a video showing how to create a vector file from

a bmp or jpg file using Corel?

Thanks,
Gary

Jiten Patel
11-06-2014, 3:22 AM
What software are you using?

There are a few options...
You can hand draw everything - very time consuming, but often the best results
Use a program such as Vector Magic which works pretty well.
Use the native inside Illustrator or Corel - I use Illustrator and its called image trace.

What are you trying to convert?

Dan Kozakewycz
11-06-2014, 4:50 AM
Hire an Illustrator to do it for you for $5 at www.fiverr.com.

Michael Hunter
11-06-2014, 5:23 AM
Depending on the bitmap, conversion can be either dead easy or incredibly frustrating.

I'm not sure that a video will help you much - you will learn a lot more by trying an actual bitmap that you want to convert.

Select the bitmap and then click on "Trace Bitmap" in the bar above and play with all the settings to see what they actually do.

In general I find that I want more "Detail" and less "Smoothing" than the Corel default settings.
In general, anything extracted from a web page will not trace well - too low resolution and too much anti-aliasing : in this case use the bitmap as a template to draw over.

The tracing function in Corel X5 or 6 is pretty good. Earlier versions less so. Vector Magic and similar programs do sometimes make a better job of it, but you loose the convenience of having everything in one program.

Mike Null
11-06-2014, 8:39 AM
Gary

go to you tube and key in the name of Alex Galvez. He does some of the best Corel tutorials I have seen and he covers almost everything.