PDA

View Full Version : Design help

Jodi Sands
11-05-2014, 7:07 PM
I'm thinking of trying these designs for some Ornaments but I'm not sure how to create the file. Any ideas or suggestions??

CorelDraw Graphics suite X7 & Engravelab V9299753299754

Chris J Anderson
11-05-2014, 7:13 PM
Hi Alex,

Just draw the components / letters, then set them to hairline outline, with no fill.
Then position them so that they overlap slightly, and 'weld' them together.

Kim McIntosh
11-05-2014, 8:07 PM
Hi Jodi,
The second item looks like a "Font Bros" font http://www.fontbros.com/selectronic/monograms

Kim

Jodi Sands
11-05-2014, 9:41 PM
Hi Alex,

Just draw the components / letters, then set them to hairline outline, with no fill.
Then position them so that they overlap slightly, and 'weld' them together.

So I have to manually draw the letters?? I can't use a text box?

Jess Phiz
11-05-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm thinking of trying these designs for some Ornaments but I'm not sure how to create the file. Any ideas or suggestions??

CorelDraw Graphics suite X7 & Engravelab V9299753299754
We have found that to make these, you draw the shape you want - write the text you want - Convert to curves - break curve apart - Weld them together (not all at once, add one shape at a time to avoid any problems)

Bert Kemp
11-05-2014, 11:55 PM
Will this help, needs a little smoothing but over all not bad:)

Jiten Patel
11-06-2014, 3:27 AM
I would try to help but I see you use Corel which I haven't got a clue about as I use Illustrator. Something like that would only take a few minutes to design.

Draw a circle. Add the text and vector graphics you want. Covert all text to outlines. Delete the circle in the middle (with a slight overlap of the name). Compound shape the name and circle to create the graphic and set the hairline with the engraved elements as black.

The second design - that is a well known monogram typeface. Type the initials you want. Convert to outline. Then create a circle around it. Contour that circle so you have a circle within a circle and exclude the two ....so you end up with a circle with a hole in the middle. The initials and the newly created circle should overlap at key points and then compound everything together.

Hope this helps.

Jodi Sands
11-06-2014, 8:25 AM
I would try to help but I see you use Corel which I haven't got a clue about as I use Illustrator. Something like that would only take a few minutes to design.

Draw a circle. Add the text and vector graphics you want. Covert all text to outlines. Delete the circle in the middle (with a slight overlap of the name). Compound shape the name and circle to create the graphic and set the hairline with the engraved elements as black.

The second design - that is a well known monogram typeface. Type the initials you want. Convert to outline. Then create a circle around it. Contour that circle so you have a circle within a circle and exclude the two ....so you end up with a circle with a hole in the middle. The initials and the newly created circle should overlap at key points and then compound everything together.

Hope this helps.

Corel and Illustrator are very similar, just different terminology. I'll try it!! THANKS EVERYONE!

Mike Null
11-06-2014, 8:32 AM
Jodi

The monogram is a font for mechanical engravers called interlocking monogram. I believe you can purchase it as a TrueType font from Harold's. If you just need a few I will make them for you.

http://haroldsfonts.com/groups/monograms/