PDA

View Full Version : My newest router based milling machine I built

Mark Sternberg
11-03-2014, 7:40 PM
Hello all,
This is my first post here. I have been reading posts for a while and finally decided be a part of forum. A lot of great information here and I appreciate everyone's knowledge and expertise.
I am a real big fan of shop made tools and machines. In fact I have a few I will post over time. This router mill is my favorite and most enjoyed of what I have built. The more I use it the more I discover it's capabilities. I have a lot of time and experimentation in this thing trying to build it with materials available to me for a reasonable cost.
It has been about 7 years since I built the first one as an experiment and once I used it and saw the potential I kept improving it through time. I have a picture posted of all of them in order except for one. The first 2 pictures are the new machine and the others are in order of there build.
I made a video recently that pretty much explains the build and the features. I am working on some videos of it in use I hope to post soon. Any comments are welcome!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGvFwR22o7k

Lornie McCullough
11-05-2014, 12:42 AM
I love the care and consideration you have put into this machine!!! Your routermill has evolved into a versatile and accurate machine. Very nice!! I subscribed to your youtube channel.

Lornie

Terry Beadle
11-05-2014, 9:31 AM
Super job. Amazing!

Art Mann
11-05-2014, 7:35 PM
I am thoroughly impressed! I don't know if I could build something like that well enough for it to work right. I watched some more of your videos and your machines are just amazing.

brad jansen
11-17-2014, 9:11 AM
Very impressive machines. Great job!

Leigh Betsch
11-17-2014, 9:43 PM
Yeah! Cool.

Brent VanFossen
12-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Very nicely done.

Malcolm Schweizer
12-15-2014, 2:32 PM
How did I miss this one? Wow, that's quite amazing. It looks like a factory machine.

Ken Aucremanne
09-14-2015, 9:06 AM
do you have a blueprint or sketchup drawing for this machine? I can see 10,000 uses for this machine, and it looks like it could save thousands off an industrial (with most of the accuracy of one.)

Very well done. Awesome job.

Frederick Skelly
09-20-2015, 8:26 AM
do you have a blueprint or sketchup drawing for this machine? I can see 10,000 uses for this machine, and it looks like it could save thousands off an industrial (with most of the accuracy of one.)

Very well done. Awesome job.

+1 It would be fascinating to see more detail, plans, etc

John T Barker
09-28-2015, 2:00 AM
Awesome work. I did made a rudimentary overarm with swing capability and then took it apart with the hope of making it able to move up and down and swing. Now you have given me a mark to shoot for. Great way to make a bowl.

Jesse Busenitz
10-06-2015, 9:43 AM
What type of projects are you using this for? I have a huge mill/router but it's just gathering dust right now.

Bud Millis
10-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Marc,

I have watched some of your videos to see what the usefulness of something like this can do. All I can say is wow! From being able to build a machine that can do that to creating the things that you create is amazing. Thanks for sharing - its always nice learning more.

Thanks,
Bud