PDA

View Full Version : Source for Turning Blanks

Charles Hans
07-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know of a source for 3 1/2" square Red Oak blanks 30"+ long?
I have been searching and have had no luck so far.
Chuck

Bill Pealer
07-14-2005, 1:47 PM
Have you tried this link. He has just started and seems to be a very agreeable supplier, with very decent prices. :D Send him an email with what you want.
johnhart@handykraft.com

Charles Hans
07-14-2005, 2:18 PM
Thank you for the link Bill, I e-mailed him to see if he could supply it. I really appreciate the help. I have contacted everyone that I can think of and have had no luck so far.
Chuck

thomas prevost
07-14-2005, 3:33 PM
Have you tried any of the small mills near you. they will often cut special items such as what you want while they are cutting their routine work. Down side, it will be green. Odd sizes are usually air dried as they cannot be stacked into a lift size for the kiln.

John Brown
07-14-2005, 8:20 PM
Chuck,

Here is a web site that could possibly help you - www.bwphdws.com/bwp.htm (Brookville Wood Products.) I just checked their site and they are not listing 3-1/2 in. but are listing 3-1/4 in. It may be worth a call to them. They are a good distance from you though as they are in northern Pennsylvania. Their telephone number is 1-800-441-7331.

Jack Brown

John Hart
07-14-2005, 8:44 PM
Have you tried this link. He has just started and seems to be a very agreeable supplier, with very decent prices. :D Send him an email with what you want.
johnhart@handykraft.com

Thanks Bill. It's kinda cool being thought of as "agreeable" :)