PDA

View Full Version : Gator Pens

Bobby McCarley
11-02-2014, 9:44 PM
Some alligator pens I have been working on. The upper blank is alligator leather and the lower blank is cast alligator jawbone. There is a little purple and gold and a little black and gold for two of Louisiana favorite teams.

Steve Schlumpf
11-03-2014, 12:29 AM
Very cool! First time I have ever seen Gator pens! Nice work!

Dan Masshardt
11-03-2014, 7:36 AM
I've seen the gator jaw blanks but never the gator skin in the top there. It doesn't seem to be cast in anything? Curious about that process.

Thom Sturgill
11-03-2014, 8:32 AM
Very nice. Interesting use of the gator hide.

John Terefenko
11-03-2014, 9:50 AM
Those are really cool. As the others have said I too have never seen the gator skin. Is this something you would care to share with us. How was this applied??? Is there a visable seam??? Is this something you did or someone else is doing??? Thanks for showing the pens.

Bobby McCarley
11-03-2014, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the comments, they are appreciated. I'm affraid I can't take credit for the blanks. They are done by others. The jawbone blanks have been around on the internet for awhile but I had never seen any alligator hide blanks before. I was given the blanks by the person I am making the pens for. His company sells alligator products and he seen my jawbone pens and was interested in purchasing some. He inquired about any hide blanks and I told him I had never seen any. Well, he found someone who makes them, but I don't know who. The blanks are well made and the seam is under the clip so it is hidden pretty good. Don't know how well they will hold up with constant use but they make a nice looking pen.

Bobby

Gus Dundon
11-04-2014, 3:41 PM
Nice looking pens blanks. Turned out really well.