PDA

View Full Version : Mobile base for Jet 14" BS

Jay Yoder
11-01-2014, 6:25 PM
Does Jet make their own custom fit mobile bases like Delta used to? Right now I have my 14" with riser block on cheap mobile base and would like one designed for it. Anyone know if the Delta base would fit it? Thanks!

Shawn Christ
11-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Afraid I don't know about the Jet or Delta OEM bases, but I use the Shop Fox (Grizzly) mini mobile base model D2260A and am happy with it. Nice tight fit on my closed stand Jet 14".

Bill White
11-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Shop Fox here too.
Bill

Earl Rumans
11-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I really like the Jet mobile bases and I have them on all my machines. For your band saw you only need the lighter version http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/jmb-umb-universal-mobile-base/708118 They make a heavy duty one that I have under my table saw and jointer/planer. Some of the things I like about the Jet are it's very easy to put together and also easy to modify if you want to make it go smaller, which I did for my Jointer/ planer, the machine stays the same height you just lock the wheels and your ready for work. The bases are very compact so there isn't any wheels or such sticking out that get in your way. I had an HTC 3000 and hated it because you had to lift the machine up to move it and then drop it back down and I do mean drop. There wasn't any way to control the drop, so on a heavy machine it dropped with a bang. I can highly recommend the Jet bases.

Phil Barrett
11-02-2014, 12:44 PM
I have the larger SF one on, er under, my table saw. Of 5 different mobile bases I have in my shop, it is by far the best made, sturdiest base. It looks like they use the same rails, wheels and stabilizing stands as the big brother.

I have the delta 3 wheeler for my 14" BS and it's pretty good. Not nearly as steady as the SF one but it's still good. The advantage is it has a cam lever to go between mobile and fixed using your foot. I tend to move my BS more than my TS so it works out ok. The delta base is a rebagged chinese one that a number of outfits sell. You supply your own lumber. They are frequently on sale around $50. All in, I think the shop fox one is cheaper though shipping and tax may make that a different deal.

lowell holmes
11-02-2014, 7:07 PM
I have Jet bases on both my Jet Bandsaw and Jet Jointer. I am happy with both and recommend them.