PDA

View Full Version : New toolchest

Brian W Smith
11-01-2014, 1:08 PM
See if these upload,OK..that worked.Been in and out of the hospital the last cpl weeks but when making a little time in shop knocked this much needed chest out.

The outside,brown part was a freeby HVAC sheetmetal enclosure.Looked kinda Kennedy toolchest so I decided to make something with it.Then I thought that a Gerstner front would be a nice add?So,thats what happened,sort of a blend of two famous toolchests.

The finish is pretty bad,just wasn't all that concerned figuring where it was headed.It already has swarf/oil dripped on it so yes,I could've done a much better finish job but didn't feel like it.It is about half filled with tools N stuff.

Viking Mountain Tool Works
11-01-2014, 2:08 PM
Wow, almos looks o nice for he shop!
Thanks for posting.
Scott

Ken Fitzgerald
11-01-2014, 2:31 PM
Brian,

Very nicely done! You will be surprised how quickly it fills up!

I built two similar ones. One is used for my turning tools and the other for general woodworking tools. They get used and fill up quickly!

Bruce Page
11-01-2014, 4:02 PM
Nice!
How about posting a shop tour?

Malcolm Schweizer
11-01-2014, 5:29 PM
+1 on the shop tour.

Shane Copps
11-06-2014, 8:46 AM
Looks good

Brian W Smith
11-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks all.

Got started on another one this a.m.It's patterned after a late 18th century,coastal Va. chest of drawers.Got a pile of South Amer. wanna be Mahogany for the primary,and SYP for secondaries.Seven drawers from top down,1 each @..3",4",5"..two 6"ers,and the bttm two are 7"ers.Oh well,lunch is over,gotta get back to work.