PDA

View Full Version : Kelton Multi-Axis Scraper.....

Wally Dickerman
10-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Anybody use the Kelton multi axis scraper? I've heard some good reports on it but it's kind of pricey. I have too many pricey tools that seldom or never get used.

Reed Gray
11-01-2014, 12:04 AM
I think I saw Kel demonstrating it in San Jose. Now, for a bowl turner like me, who uses scrapers a lot, I couldn't see that it would do anything that my standard scrapers, with different grinds couldn't do.

robo hippy

Hayes Rutherford
11-01-2014, 1:25 AM
Wally, I have one and it was pricey. In over a year of using it, I pretty much just use it in the transition area of tall calabash type bowls. It's stout and has a wide range of adjustment. What I like most is it can be adjusted so it's pretty safe (no catch) and be presented in a way to smooth problem areas. Wish it never got dull though.

Kyle Iwamoto
11-01-2014, 3:48 AM
I have a few of those pricey tools that never gets used. spindlemaster, skewchigouge, a famous guy signature box gouge, a box hollower, threading chasers. Another one that I forgot what it's called. I'm GOING to resist buying that scraper.

I know I can do it. But the vortex is strong........

I can resist..... How well does it work?

Peter Blair
11-01-2014, 2:12 PM
Hi Wally. I was thinking the same thing and posed a similar question on AAW. Got pretty much the same responses as you see here 'except' no one who had one responded. Though pricy I may see if Santa would consider bringing me one for Christmas.