PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Laser Issues (turnkey laser) Help!

Ryan Sprole
10-30-2014, 3:53 PM
Hey Guys,

Its been a long time since I've posted. SO here is my problem. I helped sell a Chinese laser to an existing customer of mine who owns 3 Epilog lasers. They were looking into getting something bigger so I had met a Chinese sales rep at a trade show and he said he had Big machines. So I worked with him to get this customer a big Chinese laser. It has worked ok for a few years and now its really acting up. The problem now is that the machine isn't registering correctly. You make some cuts on the inside of an object and than try to cut the outside and its way off.
I've called the laser rep tons of times and he just dodges my phone calls and texts. I got absolutely no support for my customer and I'm in dire straits.
So can anyone help me? Does anyone know a technician who can fix this laser? The laser is in NYC. Does anyone know where I can get parts or tech support?
Help! :(
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

PS. Lesson learned. I will never work with a Chinese laser again.

George M. Perzel
10-30-2014, 6:40 PM
Ryan;
In order to help we need a bit more info-tech specs on the laser as well as type of control board, power supply, etc.
Then engrave a 2 inch square and follow with a 3 inch square concentric to the 2 inch square. Post pic of results. I have a sneaky suspicion the issue may be due to dirt and lack of maintenance but will withold indictment until more info in.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Kevin Braat
10-31-2014, 9:43 AM
Ryan,

I have a Turnkey laser and have had the same problem with the rep. Laser delivered and set up then basically disappeared until he asked for a demo for another customer.

I would advise you to contact Rabbit Laser USA. Let them know the laser is not theirs, but Ray Scott should be able help you since they are the same machines essentially. His website is also full of a large number of helpful files and links.

Ray is my go to contact for parts and accessories on my laser at this point.

Hey Guys,

Its been a long time since I've posted. SO here is my problem. I helped sell a Chinese laser to an existing customer of mine who owns 3 Epilog lasers. They were looking into getting something bigger so I had met a Chinese sales rep at a trade show and he said he had Big machines. So I worked with him to get this customer a big Chinese laser. It has worked ok for a few years and now its really acting up. The problem now is that the machine isn't registering correctly. You make some cuts on the inside of an object and than try to cut the outside and its way off.
I've called the laser rep tons of times and he just dodges my phone calls and texts. I got absolutely no support for my customer and I'm in dire straits.
So can anyone help me? Does anyone know a technician who can fix this laser? The laser is in NYC. Does anyone know where I can get parts or tech support?
Help! :(
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

PS. Lesson learned. I will never work with a Chinese laser again.

Dave Sheldrake
10-31-2014, 10:52 AM
Is it a big flatbed machine Ryan?

cheers

dave

David Somers
10-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Dave,

I think Turnkey does mostly stuff in the same size range as Rabbit. 9060's and 1290's and whatnot. I looked at them when I was first starting to look at Chinese lasers that are handled here in the US and was unimpressed with what their customers were saying about them. (I still have a bit of invective burn left on my ears from some of the phone conversations I had with customers.)

For what that is worth.

Dave

Dave Sheldrake
10-31-2014, 1:32 PM
Just looked at them Dave, those are re-branded Redsails (HF Laser Co, Shandong)

Ryan, what's the problem with the machine?

As I recall redsails can be a pain as they use up to 3 separate PSU's for the different rails and don't stock replacement power units.They also have a 36v rail (unusual on a Chinese laser)

Overall though they work much the same way as every other Chinese cutter so sorting problems (so long as they aren't electrical) shouldn't be too bad.

cheers

Dave

Ryan Sprole
11-01-2014, 5:12 PM
299362 299363Hey Guys thanks for all the replies. I'll try to explain the problem as best I can. I think it started after my customer in NYC this summer was having some power surges. The first breaker popped early on (seen in blue) and I just flipped the switch and they were back in business. Than it went past the breaker to the next part see pic. In pic #2 I had to override it than they were up and running again. Now I think doing that screwed with the x or y motor of amplifier. Not exactly sure.

Thanks again for all the help. I will try to talk with Ray Scott next week. I'll keep you all posted on my progress.

Ryan

Dave Sheldrake
11-02-2014, 5:19 PM
over-riding any of the breakers on a laser usually ends badly my friend, many of the parts further down the chain die if subject to power spikes including step motors, step drivers and mainboards :(

The DZ47LE is used to protect the system from voltage leaks such as the HV side of the PSU (if you have a bad + connection to the tube for example) both those are common to pretty much all Chinese lasers so I'd replace them both before doing anything else.

I had the main on one of mine pop a few times and that was down to HV minor arcing from the PSU HT side connection.

cheers

Dave