PDA

View Full Version : Nova DVR XP Problem

Gene Hintze
10-27-2014, 10:51 AM
Maybe some of you Nova DVR XP owners have experienced this problem. When plugged in with the switch in the on position the display panel lights up but it displays the message "not connected". The lathe will not operate. I have removed the display panel cover and the back of the head stock and all connections and wiring appear to be in good order. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? :(

Ralph Lindberg
10-27-2014, 11:51 AM
As I recall the not-connected error could be a number of things, besides the connections you have already re-seated. I would also ensure that the connections to the motherboard (see Teknatool photos on their website) connections are solid. Also check the connection of the optical encoder (again see Teknatool).
You should also clean all the sawdust out of the headstock at this time, just in case. Particularly the encoder

I would also contact the Teknatool-USA office in Florida

Steve Kennedy
10-27-2014, 7:45 PM
I had to replace the toggle off on switch about 6 months after I got my DVR XP. It has worked fine ever since.

Peter Fabricius
10-27-2014, 8:56 PM
Hi Gene,
Sorry to hear about your problem. I have had a DVR XP for four years now and I just love it. I am lucky to be able to turn frequently, it really feels good using this great machine.
It seems to me that there is a fuse in the lower section of the electronics section???
Please always make sure the CAPACITOR is fully discharged before entering the electronics compartment!
My friend fried the whole thing by accidentally shorting out the capacitor, a significant $400+ cost for him.
Good luck with your fix task, the staff at Technatool should be your best resource.
Peter F.