David Proctor
10-27-2014, 9:13 AM
My epilog Helix laser will not receive jobs. I have done the following:

Verified the ethernet IP address on the computer and the laser
changed the cable
tried communications with a USB cable
Ping the laser with the computer to see if it sees it
Move the PC closer to the laser and tried another ethernet cable
reinstalled the driver on the pc after cable changes were tried.
Opened the side of the cabinet to see if there is any obvious damage to the circuit board

I did have a power outage at one point and have not used the laser until now. I am not sure if the power outage had anything to do with the problem I am having. When I turn the laser on everything appears to be normal except it will not recieve a job.

I am starting to wonder if the power outage took out the communications or the memory that the files are saved in. Any ideas?

Henri Sallinen
10-27-2014, 11:04 AM
Only time we have this kind of problems is because of the router. Since our router cant see the lasers IP, it can sometimes be taken by another machine. This is the only communication problem that we experience from time to time. If you can't even connect via usb, then the problem could be worse.

Are you using a surge protector between your lasers powercord and the wall plug?

David Proctor
10-27-2014, 12:44 PM
We do not have a surge protector. This is most likely the problem. If I have a circuit board problem I dont believe I have any other options that call Epilog.

David Proctor
10-29-2014, 11:43 AM
update:

I was able to get thru to Epilog and worked thru the problem. The short story is everything looked ok on the setup of the pc and the laser however my anti-virus software was preventing the driver from being installed properly. The anti-virus software did not give me a warning or message. Epilog support said I needed to uninstall the anti-virus software to have the driver install properly. Communications worked great after reinstalling the driver with the anti-virus off the p.c.

Mike Null
10-29-2014, 12:43 PM
David

Thanks for the update. That's one we don't often think about but I had the same issue with an Adobe install.

Joe Pelonio
10-29-2014, 8:11 PM
That's great that you got it running again. I read your post and it was like deja vu. I was supposed to run some samples this past weekend, but our power went out Saturday evening in a windstorm after I got back from a trip and stayed out until late Sunday. Monday night my computer would not go on at all, probably a toasted power supply. I installed everything on another one but couldn't get the communication going, and finally called Epilog. Funny how I couldn't remember what I did back in 2006 when I installed it on the first computer. I got the work done last night and shipped today.