PDA

View Full Version : A couple of my finished projects

David Duke
07-13-2005, 3:22 PM
Here are a couple of project that I have built. The second is a tool box for my son who is a machinist, this is pictures of it after it has been in a shop enviroment for over 2yrs, he brought it home for me to touch it up some.
the first is of a grandfather clock I had built for my sister.http://allservico.com/gallery/data/media/67/_Clock_004.jpg
http://allservico.com/gallery/data/media/67/Kevins_Tool_Box_001.jpg

Mike Vermeil
07-13-2005, 3:50 PM
OK, I'll bite. What's with the dueling table saws?

Very, very nice tool chest by the way.

Bob Noles
07-13-2005, 4:03 PM
David,

You do very nice work. I love the detail and craftsmanship of both projects. Is that curly maple on the tool box?

Mark Singer
07-13-2005, 4:08 PM
Really great work!

David Duke
07-13-2005, 4:09 PM
OK, I'll bite. What's with the dueling table saws?

Very, very nice tool chest by the way.
The Craftsman is my original saw that I've had for over 25yrs, after I got my new one I put them in a L shape so that I would have a large outfeed table for both. It works out pretty well allowing me flexiblity without have to tear down special set ups. The only draw back is after using the 52" Unifence I hate using the one on the Craftsman. I'm hoping someday to get a left tilt Uni and try setting them up back to back with an outfeed table between them.

David Duke
07-13-2005, 4:16 PM
Curly maple on the panel frames and drawer fronts, the panel have birds eye. Heres another shot of the box it was suppose to be in the original post don't know what I did wrong.

Thanks for all the nice comments.
http://allservico.com/gallery/data/media/67/Kevins_Tool_Box_002.jpg

http://allservico.com/gallery/data/media/67/Kevins_Tool_Box_004.jpg

Frank Pellow
07-13-2005, 4:21 PM
I like the clock, but I love the tool chest. Great craftsmanship David!

Roy Wall
07-13-2005, 4:45 PM

My thoughts exactly----well done David!!!

That C-man TS wouldn't happen to be a "flex-drive" model....would it ???(that's what I have) --mine's about a 1987 model...

Again, beautiful work!

Dan Forman
07-13-2005, 5:00 PM
They are both lovely.

Dan

David Duke
07-13-2005, 5:48 PM
The picture of the clock doesn't really do it justice, I didn't take digital pictures of it when it was in the shop and where they had to put it in the house makes it hard to get a good picture of the detail work. I do understand if you don't particulary care for the style, I didn't either when my sister showed me a picture of what she was wanting but after I finished it I think that this is probably my best work to date and the style has grown on me. I built this strictly from a real small picture and the overall deminsions given, it stands 7' tall and is 26" at the base, the only thing I wish I had done different is to shorten the waist about 4"; the bottom of the pendilum is too far from the bottom of the door. I made all the trim except the engraved molding on the bottom, the most challenging was the beaded columns along the door, the picture doesn't show it very well but they are on about a 8" radius and I really scrached my head figuring out how do them.

Tyler Howell
07-13-2005, 7:14 PM

Put my vote here too! Great work.:cool:

Jim Becker
07-13-2005, 7:53 PM

Ditto for me. Both are awesome, but that chest is compelling!! Great work.

Chris Padilla
07-13-2005, 8:03 PM
Sweet chest...clock is nice, too...but SWEET chest! :) Man, this forum is the only place you can say "Sweet chest!" and not get into any trouble....

:D

Corey Hallagan
07-13-2005, 8:14 PM
Nice work David. I am sure your son if real proud of that tool chest and who wouldn't want to have a clock like that in there home!

Corey

Von Bickley
07-13-2005, 8:26 PM

I agree with Frank. That tool chest is fantastic... Thanks for sharing the pictures with us... :)

lou sansone
07-13-2005, 8:28 PM
as others have said. excellent work on both.. I like the cock bead used on the chest. makes a nice shadow line. thanks for showing them to use all

lou

Vaughn McMillan
07-13-2005, 10:23 PM
I like the clock, but gotta agree with you on the length of the waist. (Probably wouldn't have noticed had you not mentioned it, though.) The chest looks too nice to put tools in! It's gorgeous, and I really like the details Lou mentioned.

- Vaughn

Jason Tuinstra
07-14-2005, 10:18 AM
David, the clock looks great. But I especially like the tool chest. It's fantastic. Great choice of wood.

neil radcliffe
07-14-2005, 10:27 AM
The workmanship of both items is great especially like thr tool box, but where are the oily finger marks from the machinist, he must wash his hands before touching the box :) :) . Which mine looked like that even when clean.

All the best

Neil

John Renzetti
07-14-2005, 1:28 PM
Hi David, The clock is real nice. The tool chest is fantastic. Great work. Also I did notice some wood chips and dust scattered on the floor. Much better than those spotlessly clean shop pictures you had posted before.
take care,
John

David Duke
07-14-2005, 7:59 PM
Hi David, The clock is real nice. The tool chest is fantastic. Great work. Also I did notice some wood chips and dust scattered on the floor. Much better than those spotlessly clean shop pictures you had posted before.
take care,
John

:) :) :)
Did you see my other post "For those of you who think my shops too clean"
Those are more typical pictures of the shop I'm proud to say!!

Seriously, thanks everyone for the kind remarks, I think we always do our best work when it is a labor of love, I hope this is the case since in the forseable future I have projects lined up for our expected first grandchild and I know for sure these will be made with love.

Thanks again