PDA

View Full Version : Veterinarians: Experienced vs just out of College?

Bob Weisner
07-13-2005, 2:06 PM
Hi;

I have to have my GSP neutered and there are several Vets where he goes. Should I have the operation done by one of their Vets that has 30 + years of experience or should I have one of the new Vets that are just out of College do the operation?

Nick Adams
07-13-2005, 4:57 PM
Ask the vet with 30 years of exp how many animals have died from his N opts.

About 1:8 dogs have complications from that surgery. Only 1:50 will have a severe reaction (above and beyond the normal complications).

Those are statistics from a Vet in southern indiana that posts all records in his office, good and bad, for visitors to look at.

Bob Weisner
07-19-2005, 5:10 PM
Hi:

Well, Max made it through the neutering in good shape. He DID NOT!! like the Vet's choice of dog food! (Science Diet and Pro Plan) Got him home this morning and he GOBBLED!! down his Kibble Select :o I will never forget the look on Max's face as we drove out of the parking lot. It was as if he was saying " Let's get out of here NOW!" Has anyone tried BlueSeal dog food? is it any good?

Michael Ballent
07-21-2005, 6:21 PM
Hi:

Well, Max made it through the neutering in good shape. He DID NOT!! like the Vet's choice of dog food! (Science Diet and Pro Plan) Got him home this morning and he GOBBLED!! down his Kibble Select :o I will never forget the look on Max's face as we drove out of the parking lot. It was as if he was saying " Let's get out of here NOW!" Has anyone tried BlueSeal dog food? is it any good?

The only thing we feed our dogs is Nutro. Their coats are very soft and shiney and our Vet highly recommends it. Also it seems that a vast majority of breeders (the good ones) only feed it to their dogs. They have a lot of different versions depending on the age of your dog and its age. We use a low cal version for one dog and the large breed for our other dog.