PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Porter Cable 75192 repairs

Kim Gibbens
10-23-2014, 9:17 PM
A couple of years ago I picked up a used Porter Cable 75192 type 3 router with the intention of mounting it into my router table. I haven't done any projects since I purchased it but now I have one coming up that I will need it. So today I spent some time drilling new holes in my mounting plate to accommodate the bigger 7519 and when I went to put the router body back into the handle housing I realize that all 4 pins on the lower casing are broken off. Great. Now I can't adjust the height by turning the body inside the housing. I can order the pins for around $10 but my question is will I be able to install these new pins without pulling the armature out of the lower housing? Could I just punch out what remains of the pins and insert the new pins? Of course I have to wonder if I can punch them through the lower housing assembly would they fall freely out the bottom or would they more than likely just get hung up inside the motor assembly. I don't have a bearing puller or a press to take out and replace the armature by myself so my only other option would be to have it done at a repair shop. Anyone have experience with this problem or have any suggestions?

Thanks

Kim