PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 2000 Cabinet Saw

Edward P. Surowiec
10-23-2014, 8:32 AM
Dose anyone know the paint code for the yellow/gold Powermatic paint???
A word of caution ..... do not stand 6 foot pipe clamps on end near your table saw. They may fall a chip the front rail paint.
Don't ask how I know this.
Thanks for your help.

Andrew Pitonyak
10-23-2014, 9:56 AM
I thought that Powermatic sold touch-up paint, it is probably worth giving them a call or dropping them an email.

Also, check-out this thread, which contains a link.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?152528-Powermatic-paint

I thought that Powermatic changed their paint colors over the years, but I think that the 2000 is new enough that it falls into the Mustard Yellow category (they released tools with at least three different versions of yellow or gold... I think).

Is there a small piece from the saw that you can color-match?

Edward P. Surowiec
10-23-2014, 9:23 PM
I looked for paint chips but could not find any . I'll try the link you sent but I was told that I could get a matching paint if I had the color code.
Thanks for the the link.
Ed

Andrew Pitonyak
10-24-2014, 2:47 PM
I thought that there was a dust door that you could remove to take in for a color-match scan...

Edward Oleen
10-24-2014, 4:39 PM
I'm terribly sorry that you dinged your new '2000... NOT!!!!!. I am GREEN with envy. Wish I had one. I'd settle for the 66-saw I was once offered, but we were living in an apartment at the time, and had no place to put it, even if I had had the $$$.

At any rate: how is the 2000? Tell us all about it...

Edward P. Surowiec
10-25-2014, 12:19 PM
Love this saw. Initially I had some problems with the staring capacitor. It was repaired under warranty and runs like a Swiss watch. It takes up a lot of space in my garage shop ( with the extra long right side table) and from time to time I have thought of selling it but when I use I change my mind. The crank down wheels are a nice feature that allow me to easily move it but the reduction gear requires a lot of cranking to get the wheels down and back up.

Kent A Bathurst
10-25-2014, 1:29 PM
Touch-up paint on a dinged shop tool/machine.

Huh.

Well, I am about 14 years behind the curve on yet another topic. :( :(

Edward Oleen
11-12-2014, 11:26 AM
Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

...are we, perchance, related???

Kent A Bathurst
11-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this sun of York;
And all the clouds that lour'd upon our house
In the deep bosom of the ocean buried.

...are we, perchance, related???

Nope. You lost the War of the Roses. I won. While we are both descendants of the Plantagenets, you are The White Rose of York, and I am The Red Rose of Lancaster.

Not to mention, Richard III, they just dug you up from under a parking lot. Pretty ignominious resting place, I should think.