PDA

View Full Version : Parting Out Obsolete Tools?

Hal Peeler
10-20-2014, 7:56 AM
My old (mid 90's) Delta Sawbuck has given out on me and parts are not available. It won't run so it has to be the switch or the armature (sp?). I cleaned the brushes and tried to jump the switch all with no luck. So my question is would I be better off trying to part it out and if so what is the best outlet for that other than ebay? I know about OWWM but hate for my first post to be a classified. Or do should I try to sell it complete? I know it's not worth much not running but it is in pretty good condition otherwise to be a 20 year old saw. Thanks
Hal

Larry Edgerton
10-20-2014, 3:36 PM
I know you're pain. I have an old Porter Cable Speedmatic saw on the shelf that cuts better than most tablesaws, and weighs half as much, but it needs a switch that is no longer available. Can't make myself throw it away.

Larry

Dan Hahr
10-22-2014, 9:30 AM
I would think some new switch could be made to fit if that's all it is. I Suppose a new motor could cost more that you would want to spend but I've had good luck finding used motors at good prices. If a tool was that usefull, I'd find a way to fix it. The OWWM site has a ton of info on fixing stuff.

Dan

John McClanahan
10-22-2014, 3:31 PM
Are you sure the power cord is good and you are getting power to the switch/motor?

John