PDA

View Full Version : You tube is great

dennis thompson
10-16-2014, 4:39 PM
There was a washer inside my toilet that need to be replaced. It was at the bottom of a plastic column about 3 inches wide and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to remove the column, I didn't want to twist too hard, since it's plastic I was afraid of breaking it so I called the plumber. Something made me think of you tube, I looked on there, found out how to remove the column, and in about three minutes had the washer replaced....cost $5 vs what would have been at least $100 for the plumber. You tube is great.:)

Chuck Wintle
10-16-2014, 4:42 PM
There was a washer inside my toilet that need to be replaced. It was at the bottom of a plastic column about 3 inches wide and for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to remove the column, I didn't want to twist too hard, since it's plastic I was afraid of breaking it so I called the plumber. Something made me think of you tube, I looked on there, found out how to remove the column, and in about three minutes had the washer replaced....cost $5 vs what would have been at least $100 for the plumber. You tube is great.:)
+1 for you tube!

Mark Patoka
10-17-2014, 2:27 PM
Yep, I found videos that showed me how to disassemble my washing machine and replace the transmission, repair my dryer and replace a $5 plastic gear on my son's '98 Mustang odometer that required disassembling the instrument panel. That and a bunch of other items I don't even remember anymore.

Brian W Smith
10-17-2014, 2:44 PM
Very cool.Nothing worse than a leaky toilet that keeps running.

ray hampton
10-17-2014, 2:47 PM
I invent the you tube so you better sent me the money that you save
I also got a ocean front house in Arizona for sale