PDA

View Full Version : Where's Dan?

Scott Shepherd
10-15-2014, 9:51 AM
Where's Dan Hintz? Having seen postings from him in a while. Any sightings?

Paul Phillips
10-15-2014, 10:59 AM
My guess is that he's been recruited by a top secret government agency that grabs-up all the geniuses and is working as part of an international group along with Dave Sheldrake and they're working on the laser-death beam for the new death star that's being built on the dark side of the moon! Probably... :p

Dave Sheldrake
10-15-2014, 11:24 AM
we have been rumbled Dan!!

Doug Griffith
10-15-2014, 11:37 AM
I don't know, but while he's away I going to steal his title as "self proclaimed LED guru".

Scott Shepherd
10-15-2014, 3:00 PM
I'm taking his parking space. His car is nicer than my truck, so I'll let him figure out how to get me out of it :p

Paul Phillips
10-15-2014, 4:21 PM
Steve, you can have the parking space, I wonder if he took that brand new Speedy 300 with him? I call dibs! Anybody have an address?

Scott Shepherd
10-15-2014, 4:57 PM
I'll put you down for that Paul. I just snagged his Swingline Stapler :) (bonus points for anyone that knows that reference ;) )

Jason Hilton
10-15-2014, 5:09 PM
I was told I could play my radio at a reasonable volume from 10 to 11.

Paul Phillips
10-15-2014, 5:18 PM
I'll put you down for that Paul. I just snagged his Swingline Stapler :) (bonus points for anyone that knows that reference ;) )

Ha ha! I have a t-shirt that says "Innotech" on it that my wife bought me a few years back.

Frank Corker
10-15-2014, 5:24 PM
He's on Facebook I'll let him know you were asking

Scott Shepherd
10-15-2014, 6:27 PM
He apparently has no idea how stupid I've become in the short time he's been missing. How's I supposed to git smarter if the edgeimacated folks ain't around learning us???????

Mel Fulks
10-15-2014, 6:34 PM
Scott, that's the best impersonation in print I've seen in a long time. The original precedent might be Edgar Bergen's
ventrilaquist act which was once a staple of RADIO.

Scott Shepherd
10-15-2014, 6:38 PM
Scott, that's the best impersonation in print I've seen in a long time.

What impersonation? :D

Glad a couple people got my stapler reference :)

Frank Corker
10-15-2014, 8:12 PM
From Dan:

I'd appreciate it if you would pass along I'm closing on a home next month, preparing for being out of the country for a few weeks, and trying to finish remodelling my current home for sale next season.

Paul Phillips
10-15-2014, 8:28 PM
Glad a couple people got my stapler reference :)

Yeaahhh, I'm gonna need those TPS reports ASAP, and ahh, yeaahh, I'm gonna need you to work the weekend!
Funny story, guy I work with used to be an assistant manager for an At&t store back in early 2000s and says it was just like the movie, every couple weeks a new company policy was rolled out and he would get voice mails from 10 levels of management about it! "Office Space" for those wondering, great movie!
"How's I supposed to git smarter if the edgeimacated folks ain't around learning us???????"
Too funny Steve, I totally pictured that in Festus' voice!

Scott Shepherd
10-15-2014, 9:33 PM
I love that movie Paul! I worked in a very similar environment. So much of that was so dead on.

Frank, good to see you around!

Dan does understand that the time he took to tell you to tell us something, he could have shown up!

That's it, I'm TP'ing his house when he is out of the country.

Dan Hintz
10-16-2014, 2:55 PM
I'm gone for a few days and I come back to my car up on cinder blocks, my house TP'ed, and my equipment handed out to the nearest bipedal form... rough house!

I'm leaving in 10 minutes for the inspection, so this is a very quick visit (need to find time to look at all of the threads I've missed).

I have a multi-week cruise coming up, I'll be closing on a new home (read, bigger workshop!) in mid-November, and I'm still trying to fix this place up so we can get it on the market come Spring. Oh, and let's not forget the regular 8-to-5 stuff (or is it more like 6-9 these days :()

It's nice to be missed, though :-D

John Bion
10-16-2014, 3:10 PM
I'll be closing on a new home (read, bigger workshop!) in mid-November...

After the palaver getting that 300 INTO the present 'workshop', I can' wait for the next instalment.....getting it out:)

Seems quite a few of us were wondering about you Dan.
Hope you enjoy your travels.
best regards, John

David Somers
10-16-2014, 3:36 PM
Dan!

Are you taking the Speedy on the cruise? What a great way to make up all the laser cut postcards you will be sending to us!!!! <grin>

Have a great time!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-16-2014, 5:16 PM
This is worse than being absent from a corporate meeting. If you aren't there, you can't defend yourself!

Once at a dinner following a meeting and a few beverages, I went to the restroom. When I returned, I found everybody had left me with the tabs.........

Paul Phillips
10-16-2014, 6:31 PM
... and my equipment handed out to the nearest bipedal form... rough house!

Ha! I'll take that as a compliment! :p

I have a multi-week cruise coming up, I'll be closing on a new home (read, bigger workshop!) in mid-November, and I'm still trying to fix this place up so we can get it on the market come Spring. Oh, and let's not forget the regular 8-to-5 stuff (or is it more like 6-9 these days :()

Nice cover story, you're not fooling me though, it's back to the top secret government research facility I'm sure! Have a nice "vacation"!;)
We do really appreciate all the valuable input people like you bring to this forum so "average Joes" like me can learn and get "edjamacated"!

Dan Hintz
10-19-2014, 12:39 PM
After the palaver getting that 300 INTO the present 'workshop', I can' wait for the next instalment.....getting it out:)

I'm having riggers come in and move it all this time around. I doubt I could convince one more neighbor/friend to help.

Scott Shepherd
10-19-2014, 1:44 PM
Don't be silly Dan, we're your friends too. We'll move all your toys. Just leave us the key, address, and alarm code and when you are enjoying your vacation, we'll get it all moved for you :D

(anyone want to buy a Speedy 300? Lathes? Saws?....errr......I mean help move Dan's stuff? )

Dan Hintz
10-19-2014, 5:08 PM
Don't be silly Dan, we're your friends too. We'll move all your toys. Just leave us the key, address, and alarm code and when you are enjoying your vacation, we'll get it all moved for you :D

(anyone want to buy a Speedy 300? Lathes? Saws?....errr......I mean help move Dan's stuff? )

No problem... as long as you don't mind moving it all under the watchful eye of multiple black SUVs filled with gun-toting government agents ;)

Scott Shepherd
10-19-2014, 6:07 PM
No problem... as long as you don't mind moving it all under the watchful eye of multiple black SUVs filled with gun-toting government agents ;)

They can't keep a guy from jumping the fence and walking into the White House, so I'm not too worried about them ;)

Jerome Stanek
10-19-2014, 7:59 PM
just dangle a couple hookers in front of the SUVs

John Bion
10-20-2014, 3:17 AM

This just lends credence to a previous theory as to where you are Dan...........Dave S isn’t on the same “cruise" is he? :)

Dan Hintz
10-20-2014, 8:17 AM
They can't keep a guy from jumping the fence and walking into the White House, so I'm not too worried about them ;)

just dangle a couple hookers in front of the SUVs

Sad... but true, unfortunately. :o

This just lends credence to a previous theory as to where you are Dan...........Dave S isn’t on the same “cruise" is he? :)

Not as far as you're aware, John... :D

Dave Sheldrake
10-20-2014, 8:20 AM
Dan, they just said lunch is late this evening, and can we get our ID cards updated ;)

Mike DeRegnaucourt
10-21-2014, 9:19 AM
"Yeah, I just stare at my desk, but it looks like I’m working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch too, I’d say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work."

Definitely one of my favorite movies! Working most of my career in a cubicle farm makes one really appreciate Office Space and all of it's humor and nuances.